More 3G hints: There's no way it's not coming.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Until now, I've been rather skeptical about all the buzz on the 3G iPhone. However, these two interesting finds have convinced me that yes, it is coming.

Find number 1:

You can no longer order iPhones from the online Apple Store in the US or the UK. At all. They are unavailable. If Apple isn't clearing the shelves for 3G, heck knows what's going on.

Find Number 2:

In that latest build on the beta firmware, 3G settings have been found. This pretty much locks it down. The setting allows you to toggle 3G use, because 3G uses battery life like crazy.

- John

Last edited by a moderator:

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
iPhone "black" Just popped up on the ATT website too....look at it yourself.

We've heard from a good source, that was right about everything last time, that the new iPhone is basically the same (duh) with 3G, GPS, and slightly different design and being a tad bit thicker. It also has a flush headphone jack. He is the one that said it would be black. Now the real question is when? WWDC or sooner?

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
iPhone "black" Just popped up on the ATT website too....look at it yourself.

We've heard from a good source, that was right about everything last time, that the new iPhone is basically the same (duh) with 3G, GPS, and slightly different design and being a tad bit thicker. It also has a flush headphone jack. He is the one that said it would be black. Now the real question is when? WWDC or sooner?
I would love 3G and GPS..but thicker(which implies to me more weight as well...the iPhone is too heavy now

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Good finding John. I definitely believe Apple is trying to clear current stocks of the iPhone so they don't have to overly reduce them in price to sell them once the 3G version is released. I am going to be the happiest person in the world if the new iPhone is the black color that AT&T mentions. I've been planning on sending my current iPhone into Colorware once the 3G is released as a backup but I may not have to if the 3G comes standard in black.