More conformation re: data plan

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
On the etrade website a reuters report on AT&T taking some of Sprint's thunder---here is a clip---

"There is a risk the anticipated throng of customers could overwhelm AT&T staff and weaken customer service, ultimately driving people away, Credit Suisse analyst Christopher Larsen said in a note to clients.
But a successful launch may lift AT&T's enterprise value -- which is market capitalization plus net debt -- by 3.6 percent to 6.8 percent, or $11 billion to $21 billion, assuming that it sells 9 million iPhones by the end of 2008, said Larsen. Other analysts were skeptical sales would reach that level.
Larson also said an iPhone customer would likely spend an extra $20 per month on data service charges compared to the average AT&T subscriber..."

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
On the etrade website a reuters report on AT&T taking some of Sprint's thunder---here is a clip---

"There is a risk the anticipated throng of customers could overwhelm AT&T staff and weaken customer service, ultimately driving people away, Credit Suisse analyst Christopher Larsen said in a note to clients.
But a successful launch may lift AT&T's enterprise value -- which is market capitalization plus net debt -- by 3.6 percent to 6.8 percent, or $11 billion to $21 billion, assuming that it sells 9 million iPhones by the end of 2008, said Larsen. Other analysts were skeptical sales would reach that level.
Larson also said an iPhone customer would likely spend an extra $20 per month on data service charges compared to the average AT&T subscriber..."
That sounds like data only. I guess that would be one way to go. I did participate in a data survey about a month ago and the highest data plan on the survey was $19.99. I hope this turns out to be true.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
That sounds like data only. I guess that would be one way to go. I did participate in a data survey about a month ago and the highest data plan on the survey was $19.99. I hope this turns out to be true.
Only problem is, they'll probably split up the SMS from this data plan, and make that another 20$. That was also mentioned in Kolizion's thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I am guessing it will be $20 for the unlimited data plan and an additional $20 for unlimited SMS.
I wonder if they'll just let me keep my current 10$/month ulimited M2M SMS.
I just got that plan, recently. I get unlimited SMS to all AT&T customers.
At least then it would be 30$ instead of 40$. Every single person i know has AT&T, here. I mean EVERYONE. lol
Except my roommate, oddly enough. She has Sprint. She's a newb. lol

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
I wonder if they'll just let me keep my current 10$/month ulimited M2M SMS.
I just got that plan, recently. I get unlimited SMS to all AT&T customers.
At least then it would be 30$ instead of 40$. Every single person i know has AT&T, here. I mean EVERYONE. lol
Except my roommate, oddly enough. She has Sprint. She's a newb. lol
I think At&T will force you to a $20 data plan. The SMS plan, I am thinking, will optional.

shift_2kmaxima

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
I'm actually kinda starting to like the idea of the widgets. I don't have a problem with an extra 20$ / month....it's an extra 40$ that might make me think twice...
that would be AWESOMMEEEEE

but do you have to get $20/unlimited SMS....can you pay $5month for like 300 txt msgs or w/e it is?
so that would make it $25 plus your voice plan ($40)
gosh i could SO LIVE WITH THAT

later

ShIN

Jun 4, 2007
40 for voice
20 for data
5 for limited SMS

65 a month... i could deal with and still not hate Att... It's the $40 data plan rumor (plus then SMS) that bugs me

n9ngx

May 31, 2007

Did anyone read this? Of course the AT&T Staff is going to be "overwhelmed"! I have spoken to tons of their staff at many different stores here in Chicago, and they are all idiots! I'm sorry if I have offended anyone working for them, but I'm telling you they don't have any thoughts about the iPhone and they sure as heck don't know anything about it other than the stupid training that they are getting; which by the way a 4 year old could understand. Would you believe that none of these people ever look on the internet for 5 seconds to try to find out about any new products their company is launching? AT&T is the worst company for good employees. I know there are some exceptions, but very few. This launch is not only going to overwhelm them, but it's going to back fire in their faces. So many people will be turned off by their stupidity and arrogance.
Interesting is an understatement as far as the next few weeks are concerned. I am going to an Apple store for the iPhone. I can't imagine dealing with these people on this. It will be a nightmare and a half!

telePhono

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
cocoplum, fl
www.myspace.com
40 for voice
20 for data
5 for limited SMS

65 a month... i could deal with and still not hate Att... It's the $40 data plan rumor (plus then SMS) that bugs me
I don't SEE HOW ITS RUMOR.
honestly you can get on att.com or cingular.com.
[ whichever ] and look at their data plans.
they really don't have anything for 20. unless its the media package and that shouldnt work with pda's. so its $40 or more boys/girls.

i know. its burning a whole in my louis. lol.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
they really don't have anything for 20. unless its the media package and that shouldnt work with pda's. so its $40 or more boys/girls.

i know. its burning a whole in my louis. lol.
I think many of us are assuming there will be an iphone-specific plan besides whatever you can find on those sites now. That's what we are considering "rumor." :)

telePhono

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
cocoplum, fl
www.myspace.com
I think many of us are assuming there will be an iphone-specific plan besides whatever you can find on those sites now. That's what we are considering "rumor." :)
agreed joe. ive read rumors on engadget about a $30.00 one but its pretty plausible that they will keep their current data plans. :( I doubt att will be t-mobile and their sidekick. even though that would make life worth living.....:p

remember, lowest in customer satisfaction!

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Not True.

I'm using the BlackBerry unlimited data plan for just $29.99 from AT&T. All the email and internet access one can use, along with unlimited BlackBerry PIN messaging. PIN messaging is another form of email that simply goes direct from one BB to another via the BB servers. No delays, similar to IM.