More Crashed Phones

Should there be a Sticky advising of dangerous apps that crash phones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
I believe it is now time for a warning sticky.

I installed Customize 2.0 and my phone is useless.

I did not scour through posts to see if this application was "safe" to use.
That is admittedly my fault. I have been using the 'regular' Customize for 6 months with not a single problem. Since it recently presented itself as an upgrade, I treated it as another everyday upgrade, and just pressed install.
I was wrong. My phone is F'd.

At this moment,we have the top two topics in Third Party Applications related to third party apps that crash LARGE numbers of phones.

I nearly lost my phone to Screenshot.app, I had the exact same problem with Ants.app, now we have Kate crashing phones like there is no tomorrow and Customize 2.0 is crashing numerous phones as well.

I know this will be the third time I have asked for a Sticky related to DANGEROUS THIRD PARTY APPS, and I apologize for being persistent.

John, I completely understand your opinion about NOT posting a Sticky, but it isn't just 2 apps that are killing phones, it is 4 and counting.

Had there been a warning post about Kate (actually the THIRD app to kill phones) we would not have (I stopped counting at) 17 crashed phones, and probably more to come, due to the fact that some of us erroneously don't spend time searching for posts about dangerous apps that destroy phones.

John, in no way am I attempting to exercise ANY authority, or usurping your authority by posting this Poll.
I , personally feel that it is time to make a Warning Sticky and I am admittedly curious to see how many members of this Forum agree with me.

With all due respect, Sir.

Dana

BBGT2

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Agreed. I blame myself though for not researching themes, apps before I installed some of them and having to restore my phone 4 times after JB the first time.
Now I wait and see what happens before installing anything.
Kate however didn't give me any problems though, customize i had problems with but now it runs flawless.

Bajo

S

Starry

There should be a separate area "Things to NOT install on your phone" that only the moderators can control so that the posts don't run crazy... or like you said a STICKY but the rate we're going, they'd ALL be STICKY! LOL

Great idea Dana and you are so right... I don't install anything on my phone unless Tinman emails me and says "Ok you can install this Starr" I've not installed anything in months cause I'm scared of my phone being Fubar'd... I'm a wimp! LOL

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I think that is a great suggestion, Dana. I took John's warning about Kate, yesterday, very seriously. Perhaps a more consolidated sticky identifying the most popular apps as well as the ones causing members most problems? The sticky would identify tested work arounds.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
Good Suggestion!

At least a warning area. I don't believe in being an alarmist just because a few people have crashed their iPhones due to poorly designed appls. For JB iPhones the warning should be considered implied! I think we all understand the consequences when we decide to jb an iPhone.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
i believe each program should have a place here.....i know each developer has there own, but its a pain to go to each site and look it up. why not a bug list here on a more personal level from the members of EIC?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
maybe just a list of all popular apps with source and list of any probs and or fixes.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Very well Dana. I'll create the thread now and talk to Chris about stickying it.

- John

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
I hope you are not offended at my persistence, Sir.

It is for the betterment of the Community.

Good Day, John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It most certainly is. Here's our thread.

- John

Last edited by a moderator: