More GSM interference since 1.1.3?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
OK, someone please tell me it's not just me. But since I updated to 1.1.3 my iPhone interferes with nearby speakers, and other devices such as TVs, much more than it did before 1.1.3. And for the record it does this even when it is not jailbroken.

I've had the same PC speakers since I've had my iPhone, seven months now. The iPhone has always causes some static, but nothing that major. Now I can't even leave the speakers on the inference is so loud.

The TV in my kitchen was never effected by my iPhone. Now it goes crazy should my iPhone start doing anything with the cellular network. Heck, I can now tell when a call is about to come in by hearing the damn static on a nearby device--before the iPhone even starts ringing.

My family is ready to kill me too (they never noticed it before, but they sure do now).

So, is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Nothing here, but I've never really noticed any interference before either.
Crap, I wonder if it's something with my phone. It's very annoying. While I can certainly buy better speakers, or maybe even a different TV, I can't do that everywhere I go. Heck I was at a mini mart a few days ago and some speaker in a radio or something, behind the counter, starting singing my tune, loud enough for all to hear. Pretty soon I'm gonna get banned from places!

--
Mike

Have been hearing voices in my head lately saying: "sell 4gig, buy 16gig":p.
You must listen to the voices. The voices are good, hear how soothing the voices are, lay back, relax, open your mind, listen to the voices command you to sell. But before you sell, fly a plane to the nearest Apple store and lay down $500 big ones and walk out :) You cannot resist.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
You must listen to the voices. The voices are good, hear how soothing the voices are, lay back, relax, open your mind, listen to the voices command you to sell. But before you sell, fly a plane to the nearest Apple store and lay down $500 big ones and walk out :) You cannot resist.
Thanks for the support!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm beginning to think this is an AT&T issue around here. Seems like I am not getting as good a signal as I used to and the iPhone is ramping up its power to make up for it.

Hopefully they are adding more towers, like they've been promising for the last seven months.

Small birds are now dropping like flies around me.

--
Mike

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
It's just Apple trying to get into you head man. You, like, totally know waaaayyy too much about the insides of their super phone. How are they supposed to take over the world when we keep hackin' and hackin'. They're just startin' with you, then comes the rest of us man. Sleep with one eye open and the other on your iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:

shillingem

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Greensboro, NC
I've actually noticed more interference from my phone in the past month or so. Before the update I could place the phone directly on top of my laptop with out any issues. Now if I place it on top and the speakers are on it wigs out.
Let me know if I can do anything to change it.
-E

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I only get interference when its ringing or I am on the phone and its pretty close to a speaker (mostly just my computer speakers). But once I am off the phone the intereference is gone, I can basically have it almost touching the speaker and not get any feedback.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Mike,

I have noticed an increase since 1.1.3.

I keep my phone next to a baby monitor at night. Ever since the update, the frequency of the interference and the duration have gone up dramatically.

I was starting to think that they were doing OTA updates, or OTA system checks.