more hype...potter or iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
so who got more hype potter day or iday?

It made me think back to 6/29...I was 3rd in line at the Apple store in Nashville, waited 13 hours? Do you remember where you were in line?

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
so who got more hype potter day or iday?

It made me think back to 6/29...I was 3rd in line at the Apple store in Nashville, waited 13 hours? Do you remember where you were in line?

definitely the iPhone...and how bout i haven't even got mine yet...but i will soon be the owner of the 8gig...no doubt

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
definitely the iPhone...and how bout i haven't even got mine yet...but i will soon be the owner of the 8gig...no doubt
I believe Potter gains more hype leading up to it. I believe the iPhone created more after because of the shortage. I mean, it's the last Potter...awesome.

222psm

Jul 14, 2007
iPhone for sure! I got mine the day after iday did'nt have to wait at all to get my baby. Just walked up to counter at my local AT&T store.

Hecubus

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I waited patiently for 5 days, casually walked into an Apple store and bought one. I'm not one for waiting in lines; seems like a waste of time for something I will get sooner or later.

That does not mean hype doesn't effect me sometimes. But I've learned if I reduce the effect that hype plays, I will approach the object of my desire more objectively (i.e. blindly defending the object of your desire as opposed to objectively analyzing it, understanding its flaws, and remaining calm while others do the same.)

Ultimately though, worldwide... I believe nothing could match the hype leading up to the last Harry Potter book. I mean... come on. Seriously?

(btw... 200 pages into it myself... ordered it from Amazon. :))