More Memory Before Christmas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

clausenfan

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
What do u guys think about a 16 gig memory upgrade by christmas. No 3g or any other updates. Just a simple memory update. The technology to do it is here so i was wondering what u guys thought.

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Won't happen. With the exception on morons, everyone knows that Apple will have a 20GB iPhone out in the next couple years, possibly in their next iPhone. Then eventually you'll be where iPods currently are at, 80GB iPhone's. So you know it's gonna happen, but with technology, they never give you the best first, because let's face it, you wouldn't buy the next version of the iPhone. So you may be ways away from an 80GB iPhone, but it's still going to happen eventually.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
What do u guys think about a 16 gig memory upgrade by christmas. No 3g or any other updates. Just a simple memory update. The technology to do it is here so i was wondering what u guys thought.
I think that'd be awesome!

I also think it would piss a lot of ppl off! =P

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
i don't think its possible to do a memory upgrade via iTunes , that would involve hardware of flash memory , I don't know I could be wrong though

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
i don't think its possible to do a memory upgrade via iTunes , that would involve hardware of flash memory , I don't know I could be wrong though
Yeah, we were talking about them releasing iPhone's with more memory for Christmas, meaning 8GB would become the smallest amount of memory you can get on your iPhone, when it used to be the highest amount of memory you could get on your iPhone. Basically, the 8GB would become the new '4GB' and the 16GB would become the new '8 GB'. This would mean everyone with 4 or 8 GB's would have to buy a new iPhone to get more memory.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I think an 80GB iPhone would be awesome and is definitely bound to happen - I just hope Stevie thinks more about HOW and WHEN next time. As it stands, all the loyalist are going to be very hesitant to line up and buy next time theres hype about the next great Apple product.

fyouhataz

Sep 12, 2007
I think an 80GB iPhone would be awesome and is definitely bound to happen - I just hope Stevie thinks more about HOW and WHEN next time. As it stands, all the loyalist are going to be very hesitant to line up and buy next time theres hype about the next great Apple product.

not gonna happen

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Really? I don't know man, maybe I just speak for myself then - being a brand new Apple customer with this iPhone (which I love btw) I now see how Steve works. He's very very aggresive, and I'm not getting fooled again with a huge price drop so quickly. I'm going to show some restraint next time and not be one of the first to buy - maybe I'm in the minority on that. Any thoughts?

Sep 16, 2007
There is a high possibility that Apple will come out with a new iPhone by Christmas ore around new years. I have been using Apples stuff now for about 5 years and about every 3 - 6 month they usually update a product or 2. so don’t be suppressed. But there will be some update around the time they release Leopard. Something will get updated and some will be a few months later. They have a track record of this.

fyouhataz

Sep 12, 2007
There is a high possibility that Apple will come out with a new iPhone by Christmas ore around new years. I have been using Apples stuff now for about 5 years and about every 3 - 6 month they usually update a product or 2. so don’t be suppressed. But there will be some update around the time they release Leopard. Something will get updated and some will be a few months later. They have a track record of this.
they might make a 16gb iPhone jus gotta wait and see like what im doin im not getting my iPhone till the end of october early november:laugh2:

clausenfan

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
The cell phone businesss works a lot faster than the mp3 businesss. If you don't update your phone often enough it will become outdated fast. New buyers will lookto more recent phones which will hurt sales of iPhone. I still think it ould happen.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
The cell phone businesss works a lot faster than the mp3 businesss. If you don't update your phone often enough it will become outdated fast. New buyers will lookto more recent phones which will hurt sales of iPhone. I still think it ould happen.
Agreed...;)

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007

I absolutely agree with this. I remember when I bought my iTunes Razr, they were already 3 new versions out after that within less then 3 months.

The iPhone as wonderful as it is wont be able to hold up very long without 3G, the memory yes, but since just about every smart phone (and I know the iPhone isn't really a smart phone) has 3g and a lot of non smart phones have it as well.

I am waiting for V2 for other reasons then 3g but thats a main one.