More Memory Before Christmas

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I would have no objection to a memory upgrade.
A new iPhone, say, supporting Flash, 3G, etc, would tick me off.
But I don't have that much data, only about 1 GB is taken up on my phone.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I would have no objection to a memory upgrade.
A new iPhone, say, supporting Flash, 3G, etc, would tick me off.
But I don't have that much data, only about 1 GB is taken up on my phone.
I've always thought the dog in your avatar looks cool....sorry to be so random...lol:p

mutilate607

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
they wont do a memory upgrade. i think they are coming out with different colors for christmas bcuz of the deep red thing idk.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
flash

Won't happen. With the exception on morons, everyone knows that Apple will have a 20GB iPhone out in the next couple years, possibly in their next iPhone. Then eventually you'll be where iPods currently are at, 80GB iPhone's. So you know it's gonna happen, but with technology, they never give you the best first, because let's face it, you wouldn't buy the next version of the iPhone. So you may be ways away from an 80GB iPhone, but it's still going to happen eventually.

An 80GB iPhone with flash memory...that would be many many many thousands of dollars. Of course as the technology becomes better and cheaper it will get there one day.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,128397-pg,1/article.html
(note - this is for a laptop drive, so it does not have the same physical space requirements of a phone)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The things that take up the most space on the iPhone are already highly compressed and basically uncompressable any further (mp3's and video files).

I too doubt that more memory will come out that quickly. Until they can get the price of the 8 gig down to under $300, making room for something else at the top. I don't think they're going to do well if they bring out another $600 phone.

Just looking at flash prices on pricewatch, it still seems that above 4GB, flash memory is still more than doubling price with each doubling of capacity. I know this isn't wholesale or anything, but it's a good indication that the higher capacity stuff is still on the fringe, economically.

Carey

Nov 20, 2007
Well I'm getting mine around may.. so they better have already upgraded by then because i'll be mad if i buy the 8gb then suddenly a 16gb with better features comes out the next month

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I can see it now, Steve steps out on stage at Macworld and says "Well we've improved the iPhone. It now has an internal GPS chip and comes with 16 Gig of RAM all for only $599.00."
LOL :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm still debating whether I would get the new iPhone based only upon the fact of having 16 GB. If it came with other (new) features not offered otherwise, then I would definitely upgrade, otherwise I would wait for even more memory.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Personally I believe that GPS is the next step. I would be willing to buy if that was the case. Just imagine Google maps with GPS.
It's awesome. And fortunately it's achievable with the current iPhone if they just enable Bluetooth gps support. Google maps already supports it on other phones...

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
The ablity to locate other individuals by simpleing inputting there phone numbers. Live Phone tracking. The navigation is simply great. Telenav has been doing for 6 years what tom tom and the like just started doing, however, it is in your cell phone. Stores your most recently traveled places. Has a favorites list. ... Oh yeah, and if you have a friend that is paying 20 dallors a month for it, simple enter is number and pin and you can use it on your phone as well....

I am sure however the iPhone with the help of google will offer something pretty nice and probably better.