More on iSync

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sams

Nov 6, 2006
www.teenhut.net
iSync is a software application which runs under Mac OS X. It is used to synchronize data between .Mac and devices like iPods, mobile phones etc. Which means this software is used convert data from small devices to a computer.

you2

Bronze
Nov 22, 2006
iSync - Apple’s synchronizing software ( included with Mac OS X Tiger) makes it easier to synchronize files between phone/iPods etc and also keep your dates.It works with more than 100 cell phone models and your PDA.

-Since it helps transfer of data to and from mac it saves your time which you would have wasted entering manually the names and numbers in your mobile/pda. Lots of such iSync compatible phones are available now in market all over the world.

-For Mac- Simply enter contacts in Address Book and appointments in iCal. You can add dates and contacts manually on your phone, and iSync will add them to iCal and Address Book. You can also use iSync with your Palm OS-based device. iSync takes care of managing data across your different devices, downloading changes from one or the other and updating each as necessary.

Hope this helps in increasing awareness about iSync

Mar 30, 2007
LA
iSync - Apple’s synchronizing software ( included with Mac OS X Tiger) makes it easier to synchronize files between phone/iPods etc and also keep your dates.It works with more than 100 cell phone models and your PDA.

-Since it helps transfer of data to and from mac it saves your time which you would have wasted entering manually the names and numbers in your mobile/pda. Lots of such iSync compatible phones are available now in market all over the world.

-For Mac- Simply enter contacts in Address Book and appointments in iCal. You can add dates and contacts manually on your phone, and iSync will add them to iCal and Address Book. You can also use iSync with your Palm OS-based device. iSync takes care of managing data across your different devices, downloading changes from one or the other and updating each as necessary.

If you have a mac.com account it also syncs everything to a web based server. You can see all your stuff from any computer with an internet connection. Backup is another program that runs through iSync and keeps everything updated that you need to recover if your hard drive crashes. Once it's setup it does everything automatically. Your only job is to click okay.

mac4tutor

Feb 19, 2007
What about the possibility of syncing with Missing Sync and the Mac?
There are more feature rich apps other then Apple's calendar program for example...

Mar 30, 2007
LA
There are more feature rich apps other then Apple's calendar program for example...

Well, I did that. I got missing sync and did all of the stuff and blew my data base when I didn't understand the part about not disconnecting when you have the SSD card mounted on the desk top. I will go into recovery mode this weekend when I have time to wipe the treo and start over. I have backups everywhere. Missing sync is not idiot proof.
yours truly
:mad: idiot #743
backup, backup always backup.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US

Great question. I've been using Missing Sync for a couple of years now, currently with my Treo 650. While not perfect, it's a very strong app, feature-rich and with good tech support. Some shortcomings, such as field mapping, are actually compatibility limitations between the Mac and the mobile device.

MarkSpace defines itself as a committed Mac developer. As such, I'd anticipate a release of Missing Sync for iPhone.

-K

MsErica

Jun 5, 2007
Missing sync

I tried missing sync, investing about two hours. I'm reasonably computer literate though by no means an expert. I did get the program to recognize my phone but not to sync properly. Not sure if it's worth spending another 20 hours to work it out...depends on how reliable it is and whether it imports my address book notes (on each person) and my smart groups. Anyone know?

Mar 30, 2007
LA
I tried missing sync, investing about two hours. I'm reasonably computer literate though by no means an expert. I did get the program to recognize my phone but not to sync properly. Not sure if it's worth spending another 20 hours to work it out...depends on how reliable it is and whether it imports my address book notes (on each person) and my smart groups. Anyone know?
It's worth the trouble if you want a bluetooth connection and be careful if you mount your card, you must remove it before you shut down missing sync. They warned me but I didn't get it. It scrambled my treo data base on the treo. I have backups but have not made the time to do a restore.