More on the AT&T Plan

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

masoud90

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
Okay well my life has become this site, Apple.com and AT&T website haha...Anyway the AT&T website put up their June 29th date already which is a good thing too =)

As I was reading through the 'features' of the iPhone on that site, it read as this:
Fully functional touch screen iPod which syncs with iTunes

AT&T wireless service and all the benefits of network reliability, Rollover® minutes, and more

Visual Voicemail: a first on any mobile phone available in the United States

2MP camera

Unique internet browsing capabilities

Choose from 4GB ($499) or 8GB ($599) memory models

EDGE, GPRS, GSM Quad-band, and WiFi capable

Works with Windows PCs and Macs

This is making me feel like they might treat the phone as a regular phone...I mean it hasn't said anything about data plan as of right now. It also says EDGE etc. Capable as in one is able to choose what kind of service they want on the phone. I hope this means cheaper data plans (my fingers are crossed)...and its good to have Rollover minutes as well....

the ONLY thing(s) that will keep me from getting the iPhone is (1) if the data/phone plan is too expensive and (2) it gets sold out(might camp out) (3) the $200 T-Mobile Early Termination Fee:cool:

debest74

Bronze
May 4, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
Okay well my life has become this site, Apple.com and AT&T website haha...Anyway the AT&T website put up their June 29th date already which is a good thing too =)

As I was reading through the 'features' of the iPhone on that site, it read as this:
Fully functional touch screen iPod which syncs with iTunes

AT&T wireless service and all the benefits of network reliability, Rollover® minutes, and more

Visual Voicemail: a first on any mobile phone available in the United States

2MP camera

Unique internet browsing capabilities

Choose from 4GB ($499) or 8GB ($599) memory models

EDGE, GPRS, GSM Quad-band, and WiFi capable

Works with Windows PCs and Macs

This is making me feel like they might treat the phone as a regular phone...I mean it hasn't said anything about data plan as of right now. It also says EDGE etc. Capable as in one is able to choose what kind of service they want on the phone. I hope this means cheaper data plans (my fingers are crossed)...and its good to have Rollover minutes as well....

the ONLY thing(s) that will keep me from getting the iPhone is (1) if the data/phone plan is too expensive and (2) it gets sold out(might camp out):cool:
THANKS 4 THIS INFO! The data plan thing its almost keeping me from buying and iPhone :(

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
i want my current data plan to work :(

$20 for unlimited data a month, rumors of that being spiked to $40+ are disconcerning
I am with you on this. I really don't want to have to pay more than the $20 I am already spending. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised and the unlimited data plan will be $10. Whatever it is, I just wish they would tell us.

ShIN

Jun 4, 2007
I really hope they treat it as a normal phone (ie: not require a data plan). I would probably upgrade to a data plan eventually, but not right away. And that is only if the data plan isn't too expensive.