More part leak photos, show a tapered display

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The latest crop of iPhone 6 part leaks. This time, we get a look at a tapered display and new buttons. With the calendar closing in on September 9th, I'm starting to get super excited about the new iPhone. I'm curious to see how the manage the move to a big phone. I seriously cannot wait to hold it and see how it compares to other big phones. Also wondering if the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will happen this year. The lack of part leaks for that model makes me think it's not happening, at least not at the September 9th event.

iphone_6_tapered_edge_1-1.jpg iphone_6_tapered_edge_2.jpg iphone_6_tapered_edge_1.jpg iphone_6_power_button.jpg iphone_6_mute_switch.jpg iphone_6_sim_tray.jpg

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I like the new glass style, and with or without sapphire it will be a stronger design, there will be no edge to the glass which is the most fragile part of the glass!

Sent from my iPhone 5

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I like the new glass style, and with or without sapphire it will be a stronger design, there will be no edge to the glass which is the most fragile part of the glass!

Sent from my iPhone 5
But zero bezel is always a recipe for disaster. When you combine it with a larger phone, more difficult to hold, I really hope they've made the move to sapphire. In my opinion, it's worth the extra cost.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I agree, WSJ released a report today that suggests only the more expensive models will have sapphire. I find this hard to believe, the keynote would be a mess trying to show off sapphire screens but not for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone 5

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I agree, WSJ released a report today that suggests only the more expensive models will have sapphire. I find this hard to believe, the keynote would be a mess trying to show off sapphire screens but not for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone 5
I agree, for the most part. I don't see them making two models, a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch, and offering different displays on each. Where they could differentiate is if they did another low-cost iPhone. So if we had an iPhone 6c or something along those lines, I could see that having Gorilla Glass. What's odd is that we've yet to see anything regarding a low-cost model this year. It's been all iPhone 6. Maybe this year, they go back to the old strategy of reducing the cost of the outgoing model. If these new iPhones cost more, maybe they slot the iPhone 5s at $149, keep the iPhone 5c at $99 and the new models starting at $249.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
I agree, for the most part. I don't see them making two models, a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch, and offering different displays on each. Where they could differentiate is if they did another low-cost iPhone. So if we had an iPhone 6c or something along those lines, I could see that having Gorilla Glass. What's odd is that we've yet to see anything regarding a low-cost model this year. It's been all iPhone 6. Maybe this year, they go back to the old strategy of reducing the cost of the outgoing model. If these new iPhones cost more, maybe they slot the iPhone 5s at $149, keep the iPhone 5c at $99 and the new models starting at $249.
But I have seen ads for the iPhone6c all over facebook so that must be the low cost alternative, right? (I typed that in sarca font in case you were wondering ;) )