More screen smudges on V2?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Is anyone else who has had both v1 and v2 notice that v2 smudges way more. I am cleaning it constantly, way more than v1!

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Is anyone else who has had both v1 and v2 notice that v2 smudges way more. I am cleaning it constantly, way more than v1!

I have the v1 & a guy at work has the v2. We were comparing our phones today & his had fingerprints all over the front & back. :eek:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You know I actually noticed the same thing. Maybe not that there were more smudges but that the smudges were harder to wipe out than the smudges on the v1.

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
are the screens still glass or have they switched to plastic? i sure hope not.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
the plastic on back of course will show more smudges than an aluminum back. The glassright now in the v2 may just have some adhesive properties because it just came outta the box a few days ago. Within time the dirtying and cleaning process should alleviate the tendency to smugde as much. You know, kinds like oiling a pan so food won't stick?

I use screen covers and they smudge very little without sacrificing key response.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I have definitely noticed that the smudginess seems harder to erase with a little wiping. And yesterday I accidentally got :eek: a few tiny droplets of watermelon juice on my phone and didn't notice until they were dry... they were NOT coming off for the life of me.

I thought the fingerprint/smudge thing was probably only seeming worse because of the increased use, but now I'm thinking that the adhesive theory mentioned above makes sense.

I may also just be feeling pickier about the need for perfection because it's brand new. :)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Nothing like eating watermelon and playing with your iPhone on a hot summer day!

tsturkey

Jul 15, 2008
smudge solution

there is a clear film product that is custom cut for the v2 and keeps it from scratching and getting a lot of those smudge marks www.gadgetguard.com it is the same material that is used for clear bras on cars they just cut it to fit any kind of phone I have it on my ipod already and just put it on my v2 today i can hardly tell its on there but yeah I can tell you that it the v2 smudges a lot more:)