More than 1 calendar, how to change color?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibodybuild, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ibodybuild

ibodybuild New Member

I'm using outlook and have 2 calendars setup. Now it syncs both calendars fine to the iphone, but I was wondering how do you change the colors of the calendar items that are displayed on the iphone? for some reason it set as default "red" for my personal calendar and "orange" for my school calendar... how do I switch these to different colors?

Thanks
  2. cabinets

cabinets Member

Go to settings. Tap mail,contacts,calenders. At the very bottom, you can change the default. Not sure you can change them on demand without changing the default.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. showguy

showguy Member

You cannot directly select the calendar colors. They are assigned to synced calendars in a specific order. To get a calendar to be a specific color, you'd need to sync 'empty' calendars to 'use up' the other (undesirable) colors in the list order.
  5. jsntrenkler

jsntrenkler Zealot

Why must we have these terrible work around, perhaps Apple would consider fixing this?
  6. OJsakila

OJsakila New Member

is it not practical for you to merge the two calendars in outlook? I had at one time several calendars. Work, personal, and several I got from iCal like musician's birthdays and special historical days... It was hell on the iPhone seeing everything at once. So, I combined them into one single calendar in outlook it and works great.
  7. jafundy

jafundy Member

Calendar syncing

How did you combine them into one on Outlook?
  8. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot

i believe in outlooks add another calender
  9. OJsakila

OJsakila New Member

in outlook you pick one of your calendars and then change the view to see all apointments then right click and copy then go to another calendar, view all appointments then paste. Now the calendar has bothe caledars' appontments in it. Do this for as many calendars as you like and keep copying into the same calendar. You can go back later and delete the extra calendars leaving just the one then synch your iPhone!
  10. smknSRT8

smknSRT8 Zealot

That is a really good idea OJ. I am going to give that a try once I get my computer back.
  11. impaler

impaler Member

The only way to manage the calendar colors is through iCal. If you don't have a Mac, you don't have control of colors assigned. Kind of ridiculous.
  12. OJsakila

OJsakila New Member

Good luck. It works great. Before, I had all kinds of calendars I was dealing with. Now it's the way it's supposed to be.
  13. Jan Oonk

Jan Oonk New Member

You can change color per calendar on iOS:
    • To change a calendar's color, in iPhone Calendar tap on the Calendars button in the top-left of the display.
    • On the resulting Calendars display you can see the colors assigned to which calendars. To modify a calendar's color tap on the Edit button at the top-right of the Calendars display.
    • Tap on the calendar whose color you want to change on the Edit Calendars display.
    • On the Edit Calendar display select from the list of color choices.
    • Tap Done when finished to return to the Edit Calendars display.
    • Tap Done to return to the Calendars display.
    • Tap Done on the Calendars display to return to the main iPhone Calendar display.