more vaja i-volution cases available!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i just checked the vaja site this morning and saw that they have some additional i-volution cases with flaps to cover the screen available now.

whenever i get a new phone or any gadget, i buy about 5 cases for it since i always want different options to carry it and different styles for different activities. but i'm thinking i really like my iPhone naked (except for a brando screen protector) and the vaja pouch case i just got works really well. plus, i have the pro-clip cradle to mount the iPhone in my car on the dashboard, and taking it in and out of anything but a pouch case isn't practical. so, i think i'll pass on this i-volution case for the moment, but i'm sure i'll continue to be tempted and will probably break down and get one anyway in the next few months... :p

if you've never had a vaja case before, they are absolutely lovely - high quality leather, hand-made, and sturdy. expensive, but you get what you pay for...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Headie_Fishing

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I have never seriously considered getting a case for my iPhone but this could change it. Does anyone on here have any experience with their iPhone case? I'd particularly like to know how it covers the front of the phone, how you remove the piece etc.

Bakerman

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
PA/USA
I have never had an iPhone case from Vaja, but I did have a case for a 3g iPod, and a pda case. They were both great.

Osiris0290

Jul 23, 2007
Connecticut
I myself have never before purchased a Vaja case, but I've only heard good reviews about them. I was rather disappointed with the iSkin Revo, so I've decided to go ahead and purchase the iVolution Top SP Holster - dark blue with a white stripe. I'll post pictures when I get it, haha in a month. :rolleyes:

Bakerman

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
PA/USA
I think there are times I would really like a case like this. So, I ordered a black one with a red stripe.

That will be case # 4! :p

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I myself have never before purchased a Vaja case, but I've only heard good reviews about them. I was rather disappointed with the iSkin Revo, so I've decided to go ahead and purchase the iVolution Top SP Holster - dark blue with a white stripe. I'll post pictures when I get it, haha in a month. :rolleyes:
do post pics when you get it! i'll live vicariously through your experience. :D

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I was tempted until I saw the $70 price tag. I like the way that they did the flip on this one. The overall design is a nice compliment to the phone.

I currently have a Case-mate Signature. The holster will be here in a few weeks. I think this combo will provide quicker access. Probably better protection in a fall since the Signature has a lip on the front. I'm concerned what would happen with the Vaja in a fall if the flap doesn't go closed.

Nismo

Jul 25, 2007
Who has, or know about the Vaja case?

Im looking at their Top SP holster. This one?

I was wondering how it works, how does it stay on? Is it simply a holser that just holds the phone and I have to remove it to use the phone or does it have a flip cover that I lift? Any personal reviews of this product?

I currently purchased an Iskin Revo and also the Piel Frama (both still in transit) and was wondering if I should also get this one because Im always looking for something better.

porcaccio

Aug 6, 2007
iVolution Holster Arrives

For those of you who ordered one, please post a review and some pics. Thanks.
Well, today I received both my iVolution Holster (black) and my iSkin Revo. The Vaja has a securely snug fit, and is very elegant, but the phone will NOT slide out very easily which means unhooking the belt clip every time I want to answer the phone. That sucks. it's also tight enough to lightly scuff the backside of the phone (rubs off, it's leather dye).

I'm currently leaning towards reselling the vaja and keeping the Revo. My revo fits fairly well, although I thought they could have cut the rubber better. The clip-on face doesn't stay on very well.

I haven't put the protective film on it yet, so I am not sure how that will work out.

darrinsden

Jul 19, 2007
My vaja ivolution case in violet arrived last night and i love it... Have had vaja cases in the past for my pdas and have always loved the quality.

I do wish that it came out of the case a little easier, but then i wouold worry about it coming out when i didn't want it to.

I got the rivet clip which is a huge improvement over the older ultra clip that i had had in the past.

darrin

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Can you hear the ring or feel the vibrate with the Vaja on you belt? I was never able to hear or feel my i500 on my belt. I have no problem feeling the iPhone vibrate in my pocket, but I'm more comfortable having my phone on my belt.

Right now I'm trying to decide between the Incipio MLDOVR and the Vaja Top (the flip one). The design of the Incipio really appeals to me (no exposed corners or edges and can be used with one hand), but it may very well have quality issues and I don't think it is cloth lined. The Vaja is a great looking product and people seem happy with the brand, but the price premium certainly isn't trivial. I'm also a bit concerned with how much of the phone is exposed at the top and that the chrome peaks through the cracks.

darrinsden

Jul 19, 2007
i can definitely feel the vibration while it is on my belt....
and the ring is pretty audible too

I didn't go with the covered case so my screen is exposed.. yes it is a touch less protected than onther cases, but i love the look of the phone and it is better than going naked...

I have had so many cases for my palm and my dell before I ended up using a vaja case that I think it works out in the long run.. I may spend more for a case that i am happy with or buy 2 or 3 cases that i end up setting aside.

I have never been a holster person before this (wife said no way) but I didn't want to chance my phone falling out of my shirt pocket, and my pants pockets are out because of keys and such.

D

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I just went to Vaja, and WOW what a case! AND they use the rivet clip system. Before I got my iPhone, I have had used the Rivet clip system for my Nokia 6620 for the past 3 years. VERY durable and secure!.
I really like the top holster for all the protection it provides and it still looks sleek.
I already got a Marware Sidewinder case shortly after I got my iPhone. Their clip system broke and it's going back, so this is more like what I was looking for, plus it's customizable, and uses a clip system I already know and trust.
In a word- Perfect (for me at least)
Posted this earlier in The "perfect Holster" thread

nippyjun

Jul 21, 2007
I have a few questions about the vaja:

1. Does the belt clip ratchet? If yes which clip... they show two clips on the site.
2. I can't tell from the site but it looks like all the vaja's have a magnetic flip cover, is this the case?