more vaja i-volution cases available!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, so far my experience with Vaja is not negative at all so far. In fact, the only negative thing so far at all would be that I got my case today, and I sent out my iPhone this morning for battery issues. Won't be till Wednesday or Thursday of next week before I get it back.
But in the meantime, here are some pics of my new case...

So there are my photos. My Impressions? Well it's exactly what I thought it would be. The stripe down the center is perfectly cut, the leather is ...Leather. Yes, parts are glued, and while I would prefer it being sewn, the seams would be thicker and noticeable and would rub hard on certain areas causing wear or other problems to the phone. It definitely seems sturdy enough to warrant the Rivet clip, and i think it will probably outlast my iPhone.
I'll post more when I get my phone inside it.

economyst

Aug 21, 2007
That looks great, Hawk! Which color of red is that? I think there's Barn Red, Ruby Wine, & Rosso (Red)..

Too bad about your iPhone's battery problems though. Was it not holding a charge? or..?
Nice case.

jordan6

Jul 26, 2007
Excellent Customer Service

I received my top holster case in light sky today. After opening the box I realized they had sent me the wrong case. I ordered one with no clip and received one with a clip system. I promptly emailed the company and within an hour had a response. After sending them a picture of the problem they again quickly responded and said they would be sending me a new, correct case and I could keep the old.

The case I got is great looking aside from the clip. I would definitely recommend their products, especially because of their great customer service.

Osiris0290

Jul 23, 2007
Connecticut
Thats the case I figured they would release next. I do like the design of it and I'm sure its nice, but I'm a pocket guy, and I wouldn't feel peace of mind with that kind of case. I never liked the crystal support either, I feel like it takes away from the feel of the screen and I always get air bubbles. Also I would probably get stuff stuck in the sides and corners like the revo.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
That looks great, Hawk! Which color of red is that? I think there's Barn Red, Ruby Wine, & Rosso (Red)..

Too bad about your iPhone's battery problems though. Was it not holding a charge? or..?
Nice case.
I am not sure which red that is, as this was a birthday present from the wife, but I would guess that it's the "redest red they have".

Side note* I got an email early this morning (750 AM EDT) from Apple that they received my iPhone and are running it through diagnostics. I'm thinking that that was FAST. I dropped it off at the FedX /Kinkos just yesterday at Noon.
Later this afternoon, my repair status was updated that diagnostics were finished and they are replacing my phone.
I just got back from dinner about 30 minutes ago and received the tracking number. It's shipping overnight, so I could have it tomorrow, but if not, then Tuesday (if shipping does not occur on Sat, Sun, or Monday- labor day).
I am glad that I was right about the battery not performing correctly, and I look forward to having my phone back on my hip, in my new Vaja Case with my new WEP410 headet to keep it company. :D *

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I received an e-mail from Vaja with my Fed Ex tracking number and delivery date of Sept. 6th for my Vaja Top SP Holster case. Very fast... order date: Aug. 24th. I saw the new red open type case... It looks very nice too. But it kind of reminds me of an Etch-A-Sketch LOL... but it still looks like Vaja quality work. :rolleyes:

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
There is another new Vaja case on their site today... looks really nice. I am wondering if there is anything to prevent the iPhone from coming out of it though, it looks just like a sleeve, would be nice if it had something to prevent the phone from coming out.

freestyle

Sep 1, 2007
Wow...The Top SP is looking killer...I did want just the Holster model but I guess the added protection of the SP makes sense...

What about the screen? There is no way that flap can or will scratch the screen is there?

And how about the ringer volume when receiving a call with the SP case on? Either out on a table or in your pocket? Is it still as loud? The iPhones rings are already a bit lower than other phones I've had.

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
There is another new Vaja case on their site today... looks really nice. I am wondering if there is anything to prevent the iPhone from coming out of it though, it looks just like a sleeve, would be nice if it had something to prevent the phone from coming out.
Which case is new? The 1st case that is orange in color?

I may order that one but in a different color scheme. Is it better to order the Ultra Clip system or the Rivet System.

If you have the Ultra Clip and the phone rings do you squeeze the clip and pull it from your belt or do you push from the bottom of the case and pull out just the phone?

And if you opt for the Rivet system and the phone rings do you push out the phone from the case or press a button to release the phone and the part that the phone fits into leaving a part of the clip on your belt?

Thanks to any and all that answer....

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Which case is new? The 1st case that is orange in color?

I may order that one but in a different color scheme. Is it better to order the Ultra Clip system or the Rivet System.

If you have the Ultra Clip and the phone rings do you squeeze the clip and pull it from your belt or do you push from the bottom of the case and pull out just the phone?

And if you opt for the Rivet system and the phone rings do you push out the phone from the case or press a button to release the phone and the part that the phone fits into leaving a part of the clip on your belt?

Yeah the first case that is Orange is the new one, it looks nice... I have a case for my Macbook and love it - Vaja quality is top notch. I have been waiting for a simple case such as the orange one, but from the pictures it looks as if the phone can just slip out, too bad theres nothing to lock it in... still looks nice. I am unsure about the Rivet and clip systems since I don't have a Vaja case yet for my iPhone, sorry.

Waveguy

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007

I think that the iPhone is meant to stay in its case with either clip system. I opted for the rivet clip. I usually carry my iPhone in my shirt pocket, so the smaller attachment point on the rivet system will be preferable to the larger round one on the ultra clip. (I do sometimes need to carry the phone on my belt, though.)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The fit of the Vaja case is nice and tight. I have the Top Holster and even without the front flap, it's not going anywhere. I am fairly certain that my invisible shield is not going to fit on and into the holster, it's that tight.
Here are some pics I took real quick. Sorry that some of them are blurry, but my camera flash blows everything out if I use it, and cannot apparently focus correcty without it.

Personally, I think this is a Great case for the iPhone. It's nice and tight, and it protects 98% of the phone. The only area that is not protected is the back corner just above the camera, And if it took a hit, it still wouldn't be that bad because at some point the case is going to take it ( since if you drop it, it's most likely that it's not going to fall straight down at one angle. it's going to be rotating as it falls.)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
And as far as a clip goes, the ultimate clip needs to be turned at a right angle to remove it. at a perfect right angle.
That's too much hastle for me.

freestyle

Sep 1, 2007
Thanks for the pics Hawk...

Do you think that the flap covering the screen will in any way wear on the screen causing any scratches or scuffs?

dadams

Jul 28, 2007
Thanks for the pics Hawk...

Do you think that the flap covering the screen will in any way wear on the screen causing any scratches or scuffs?
I would highly doubt that - that glass is very tough, and the cover just flops over on top of it. However, I have been watching the top of the phone where the clip slides over very carefuly. I'm concerned that it may rub the bezel and top of the phone. So far (about a week) I haven't noticed a thing - phone looks like new.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
What is that clip on the top made out of?
Are you takling about the front cover? It's leather over thin plastic frame. It will never rub too hard because the "hinge" will stretch enough to keep the pressure light. Maybe in a year or 2 you might show some wear, but not any time soon, PLUS the leather will eventually mold to the phone better and get smoother over time.
If your talking about the belt clip, it's a combo of steel and aluminum

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
The only problem i have with flip lid cases is that i a always getting calls and if its in my pocket i have to take it out, lift the flip down and slide to answer, thats why i went with the case mate sig its nice, and fits well, but i am going to order this vaja case very soon is gray

http://www.vajacases.com

Last edited by a moderator: