Most needed accessories?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sdegelia

Dec 25, 2007
Ever since I washed my old Razr and iPod in my pants pockets two weeks ago (DOH), I have been dieing to get a new phone. After Christmas, I finally have enough money to get an iPhone and am going over to the Apple Store tomorrow to buy one.

The thing is, I got some extra money too and was wondering, are there any accessories that are a must have. I know I will probably pick up a case and I was wondering what is the best one around right now. Also, is there anything else I should definitely pick up for the iPhone, I'm really excited! :cool:

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
You'll want a car charger and possibly an Apple Bluetooth headset.
And for the car charger, I recommend the DLO car charger for iPhone because it has a coiled cord versus the straight cord that it seems every other one has. I got mine at Best Buy for $21.00 - quite reasonable.

bredfan

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
A car charger is a great idea and has proved invaluable for me.

I also like the anti glare screen protectors from the Apple store. They are almost completely resistant to fingerprints and smudges, and will prevent you from feeling the need to constantly clean the bare screen. They will trade a bit of screen clarity, but to me it's worth it.

As for cases. That seems to be a personal choice. I recently had a very popular model, the contour showcase, and without getting into a full blown review as to why, let's just say, I prefer the phone without a case. Sure, a case may provide some drop protection, but to me, the trade offs (added bulk, asthetics, minor scuffs) just weren't worth it.

Hope this helps. Congrats on the new purchase.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
A screen protector and a case, even if it does take from the look of the phone, are absolutely the most important investments you can make for the phone. The number of times that the phone will be set down hard, accidentally dropped, put in a pocket in a hurry just to find out you also have your keys in there, all make it worth the minor investment. If your going to carry the phone in a lead lined protective box and never bring it out except in emergencies then I suppose a case and screen protector are not needed.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I say that two things are necessary; a screen protector film, which is available at the Apple stores, and a case.

For the case, I recommend the Agent 18. It's a nice durable case and doesn't take away from the look of the iPhone. It's hard plasic. Be sure to get the black
one.

Congratz on the purchase and welcome to the forums!

- John

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
my top Must have accessories:
1) a Skin. Invisible Shield, full-body
2) 1 case (take your pick, plenty to choose from)
3) 3 chargers. 1 wall, 1 desktop, 1 car
4) BT headset for driving