Most Used (not necessarily favorite) App?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SJU87

Bronze
Feb 14, 2010
What is your most used app? For me, it is a tossup between Pocket Informant Pro (calendar, task, contacts), Downcast (podcast aggregator and player), and MotionX GPS Drive (turn-by-turn navigation). Granted the last two get the greatest duration of use by the nature of how they are used, but frequency of use goes to PI Pro. Now, none of these are my favorites, per se in that I don't really enjoy the app itself (you would have to have some freaky calendar fetish to enjoy using PI, Downcast can't be credited with the quality programming provided by CNET, TWiT, or NASA, and although I am a confessed map geek, MotionX's value to me is all in its utility.) I am, however, absolutely hooked on the functionality of these apps to the point that I use them many times in a day.

What apps do you find have such a hold on you?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Podcaster. Much the same way you cite Downcast--not particularly a pleasure to use, but content is king. It is usually in the background playing my podcasts, or in the foreground playing my podcasts, or chilling waiting for me to resume playing podcasts....and it's the only one I've found so far that behaves almost like I think a podcast app should.

I guess I like podcasts a little bit. :p

The distant second is probably a dead tie between my most used messaging apps (iMessage, BeejiveIM, Skype).

dniheb

Sep 13, 2012
Rage Of Bahamut is pretty cool they changed trading a little bit but not bad. I don't love it but for some reason I play it all the time ;0
If you do play enter mxx74852 after tutorial will get a starter pack