Most Useful Feature in Leopard...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
just wanted to see what the most useful feature for YOU is going to be in Leopard...

mine are going to be Spaces, because i do a lot of things at one time and itll be awesome not to have that alll cluttered and also the obvious one Time Machine, because well i suck at backing things up even tho i have 500gb extrenal hard drive...i guess im just lazy :laugh2:lol

lets hear you opinions...you don't have to say why but if you do it might give other people an idea as to things they may have over-looked

aaiphone

Sep 21, 2007
just wanted to see what the most useful feature for YOU is going to be in Leopard...

mine are going to be Spaces, because i do a lot of things at one time and itll be awesome not to have that alll cluttered and also the obvious one Time Machine, because well i suck at backing things up even tho i have 500gb extrenal hard drive...i guess im just lazy :laugh2:lol

lets hear you opinions...you don't have to say why but if you do it might give other people an idea as to things they may have over-looked
I am excited to finally see notes from the iPhone on the Mac... I just hope that there is some sort of 2 way sync but from I read it may only be just the ability to view iPhone notes on the Mac...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Everything is going to be great for me.

Stacks will be great to unclutter my desktop.

I suck at backing up, so Time Machine is a must.

Although spaces isn't a necessity, it'll be fun to use.

Using iLife '08 will be great.

All the re-designing might be my favorite part; one of my favorite things about Macs is the great design. (Hardware and Software.)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
MacManPro All the re-designing might be my favorite part; one of my favorite things about Macs is the great design. (Hardware and Software.)[/QUOTE said:
Design and function. Not only easy to figure out, but beautiful to figure out. Somebody called me and my Mac "Graphically Obsessed" in 1996. It's still true. The Mac is a graphic beauty that Microsoft was never able to grasp.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Or, in the words of Steve Jobs:

"The trouble with Microsoft is that they have no taste. They have no taste, and I don't mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way."

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Or, in the words of Steve Jobs:

"The trouble with Microsoft is that they have no taste. They have no taste, and I don't mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way."
That's the way I've always felt. Ugly gray computers. Ugly desktops. Ugly icons. Just like living in army barracks. Everything might be (or not) functional, but it is so tasteless.

Sep 30, 2007
The real problem with microsoft is that all they make is the operating system. Whether or not they're competant enough to make their own hardware they depend on 3rd parties. And with that customer service is dependant on the company that made the hardware. If you upgrade then you have several companies that have to be dealt with when something fugs up.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I went from 10.3.9 to 10.5 and so far there is nothing noteworthy to point out. IF I had to name one thing it would be the document preview (I guess it is that coverflow thing) in finder and it is nicer to sort through photos using that. Otherwise, so far it is cosmetic stuff. Granted I am not a power user but anyway that is that for now. I will take more time to mess with it soon. I only use it for photos and music these days. Which did make me notice that the file directory/structure is different now. Very confusing when only having an admin account compared to the older version.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Unfortunately... I'm not as impressed with Leopard as I thought I would be.

Disappointments:
I have no external drive, so no Time Machine for me.

There is no iLife '08 included.

Other than Time Machine, there are no new apps. Excluding Spaces, Quick
Look, etc, but those aren't real apps.

Turns out a large percentage of the 300 new features were things like the Arabian Spell Check. :(

What I'm Happy With:

Design. I must admit, this is the real reason I bought Leopard. New desktops, the doc, new icons, menubar, etc.

Finder Coverflow and Quick Look. Great to find & browse files with.

Screen Sharing. I don't use it for necessary purposes, but it's fun to use.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I love my Leopard, but mostly on my MacPro and my 30-inch screen. I love the mail enhancements best, and the incredible designs that go into every little detail of every app, like transparency on windows, and other esthetic improvements...
It's no different from other Mac Os upgrades before. It's better than the previous upgrade, but not so different that you feel like you're in another (computer) universe.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I find the transparency to be annoying since you cannot turn it off. Some backgrounds and stuff make the menu bar impossible to read. So I choose my background or the ability to read the menu bar. Makes no sense that you cannot disable the transparency, or not as I could find it at least.