Motion sensor not working

Jun 5, 2008
Hi Everyone . .

this is my first post on here and I am afraid it is seeking help

My iPhone has been working fine but over the last few weeks the motion sensor has been getting a little tempramental working sometime and sometimes not, but now it has stopped working at all. I have tried resetting the iPhone but no joy.

Any clues as to what may be the problem

Steve

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Most people are gonna say to first "restore" it, or if that what you meant by resetting.
Or they'll say to call Apple at 1-800-my-Apple I think it was and set up a repair, hopefully your iPhone is still in warranty :)

Good Luck!

don't worry they will be more EIC members coming along to also post their advice so don't panic just yet :)

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Are you making sure the device is held nearly perpendicular to the ground (ie: standing upright to the ground)? Some people think they can turn it when it's parallel, but that's not the case. Good luck either way.

Jun 5, 2008
Are you making sure the device is held nearly perpendicular to the ground (ie: standing upright to the ground)? Some people think they can turn it when it's parallel, but that's not the case. Good luck either way.
hi

Yes, I have had the phone for about 8 months and its been working fine until the last few weeks.
my girlfriend has an iPhone and it still works on hers.