motion-X apps

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Saw this article on Gizmodo. Its regarding the sailboat race from California to Hawaii and is a liveblog from one of the participants. He happens to be Phillippe Kahn, who is the founder of a number of software firms, most recently, Fullpower, which created the Motion-X series of iPhone apps.

What is cool, is that in addition to all of their gear, they are using two iPhone 3Gs' and the Motion X-GPS and Motion X-Compass apps for their navagation.

Check it out here:

http://www.pegasus.com/log.htm

Awesome stuff.

~S

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
This really looks cool. I had the Motion-X apps but haven't tried that yet. What do you think, will it be cool?
Like you I have the app, but have not yet used it. What I think is cool is that the developer is actually using their app in a real-world situation. I'm sure that this will fuel updates and fixes....

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
I got the paid version and it's one of only a few apps I have ever paid for. You can even listen to your music in-app while having the app open.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I had the motion-X app back when it was only free, and I like it so much I bought the full version when it came out. In my opinion, one of the best GPS apps for the 3G. And every update makes it just a little better. As far as paid apps go, I think this was definitely worth the price. However, do your own research. Everyone's needs are a little different, and my recommendation my not be right for you.