MotionX-GPS

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
My dad bought this $150 GPS watch and I was like, DUDE! iPhone!

So I got the MotionX-GPS app and it's pretty nice. It does everything the watch does but it doesn't track your heart rate, and exporting/importing the waypoints and information into Google Earth is kind of hard...actually I haven't found out how to do it. I tried emailing it to myself several times but nothing showed up.

It likes to eat up your battery too.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Have you tried getting it into Google Earth yet?

I sent an email to myself 3 times with 3 different email addresses and it still didn't show up...

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
i got it to use when i go hunting. i was hunting public land this year so instead of marking out my spots with flagging tape i used the app. i just had the free version.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I had the free version for a while before they released the "pro" version. Then I bought it!
I find that it's very helpful in certain instances when I am driving.
The only drawback to it is that there aren't really any maps. Other than that, it's great.
Used in combination with Google Maps, you cannot go wrong.

Jul 14, 2008
I had the free version for a while before they released the "pro" version. Then I bought it!
I find that it's very helpful in certain instances when I am driving.
The only drawback to it is that there aren't really any maps. Other than that, it's great.
Used in combination with Google Maps, you cannot go wrong.
Hawk, can you explain how you use it in combination with Google Maps?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Hawk, can you explain how you use it in combination with Google Maps?
Well, obviously you cannot run the 2 programs at the same time, so Google maps will have the turn by turn, and motion X has the plotting, speed, points of interest, etc. So I switch back and forth between the 2.

Joe71

Sep 2, 2009
-> TomTom & EasyTrails

Well, MotionX is very nice, but for navigation in car, better to switch to TomTom or something similar... as for outdoor sports, the application I prefere is EasyTrails, much lighter and thus doesn't kill your battery like the others! BTW, seems they are going to support some non-profit ecological projects, with 10% of their revenues..... and then.... well... I like the Apple cool look!
byebye!

Last edited by a moderator: