Moto 360 Smartwatch vs iWatch

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Motorola gets a jump on Apple with the announcement of their Moto 360, a smartwatch powered by Android Wear that will be available this summer. The design is timeless, display looks awesome and the features seem in line with what most people would want from a smartwatch.

Battery life, speed and inoperability with phones is going to play a key role in the success of any smartwatch. Let the Moto 360 vs iWatch debate begin. Now all we need is.. well, the iWatch.

I'll say this much. This thing looks wicked cool.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Apple has some work cut out for them, that's for sure. I'm surprised they didn't implement some type of fitness monitoring features into the Moto 360. If the iWatch has all these features and fitness tracking abilities, then I would have to lean towards the iWatch, if the iWatch ever moves out of vaporware.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I would not be if Apple still had something great up their sleeve for their Watch
The way I see it is they were rumors about the Watch first through Apple then there was Pebble and Gear .
Why would Apple take so long to get theirs released? Rumors have been flying for a few years now?
So I really hope for some new innovation! Or an seamless experience with all devices connected under one OS

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Both watches look amazing to me. If I had an android phone I would be getting the Moto 360 it's elegant and advance piece of technology and hardware. I have an iPhone so the same applies to the Apple watch.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Looks aren't everything. I think the Apple Watch looks nice, depending on which one and which band. But the functionality is better IMO.
They didn't cover any of the functionality in the video. That is kind of a deciding factor when you are going to choose a watch. Sure, it looks nice and elegant, but what can the watch do? I want to know that.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
They didn't cover any of the functionality in the video. That is kind of a deciding factor when you are going to choose a watch. Sure, it looks nice and elegant, but what can the watch do? I want to know that.
Text messages, navigation, health kit, viewing pictures, Siri, Apple Pay, weather, and most importantly time. The video was to show the ellagance of the watch the keynote explained some of the features the watch can perform.