Mountain Lion Available NOW

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Hondamaker, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Get it for only $19.99 from the App Store. OK, it's in the App Store but says its currently unavailable. My bad. It should be available soon. Are you getting it?

#1 Hondamaker, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

Im downloading it as I type. Its available
    Tom

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Downloaded and installed last night on my MacBook Air. I said I wouldn't update my main rig, but I have a feeling that I'm going to cave today.

4. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

mines downloaded and installing right now. 6 minutes of install time left! I hope I didn't jump to soon!

Tom

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I just read all the info on Mountain Lion. The features are SICK! I am so looking forward to updating when I get home.

Whew! iMessaging from my iMac while doing some work and not having to pick up my iPhone. NICE! - Hopefully this will correct the iMessage problem I have now between my iPad and iPhone. Some of the iMessage messages pop up on my iPad and some do not. I never can understand why they don't work properly the ID is the same and an Apple tech told me that I am not supposed to have an iMessage conversation carry over from my iPhone to my iPad, but now I can! WooHoo! NICE!

True iCloud integration that will work! NICE! I've had a bout with this already so I am looking forward to iCloud having the kinks worked out as close to perfect as possible.

Having all my reminders from my Notification Center that are on my iPhone and iPad pop up on my iMac NICE!

Having all my Notes available right on my iMac! NICE! I have many on my iPhone some of them on my iPad and some on my iMac. Now I can have them all on each device! Really NICE!

Dictation that works on my iPhone and iPad now will work on my iMac also. NICE!

Tweeting right from any App I'm using on my iMac! NICE! I don't bother with Facebook.

My iMac on my Apple TV, why not? They put a man on the moon. NICE!

Updated Safari NICE!

Gamecenter NICE!

6. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Just installed it. For some reason I can't seem to get Facebook to integrate with sharing tab in Safari. Does anyone know the trick?

Edit: Forget it, just read that it won't be out until the fall. Bummer.

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Just upgraded. So far it seems nice, although I haven't done anything Earth-shattering yet. Booted up Messages but I'd already used the beta app with Lion before. I cannot seem any mention of "Facebook" on either Safari help or Finder help. Were we expecting Facebook integration? I can't recall if that was ever mentioned anywhere. If OS X is trying to borrow features from iOS, then this should be a must, since iOS 6 will have Facebook integration.

jmp316, you can use the RockMelt browser (Wikipedia article here) if you want to share links to your FB. It's a piece of cake to use, and it integrates heavily with Facebook.

UPDATE: Wikipedia's Mountain Lion article states that Mountain Lion will have "Facebook integration with an update in fall 2012." Here's the article where Wikipedia says that information comes from.

I like that I can copy a pic straight off the browser and paste it into Messages and send it to someone via MMS. I would have liked a way to right-click on a picture right off the web, then Share via MMS.

I see that the Game Center has the same somewhat corny graphics as it always did on iOS. I wasn't expecting differently. Is it supposed to be corny on purpose? Is it supposed to have a Retro appearance, and I'm just not seeing it?

Incidentally, the current version of Parallels seems not to be compatible with Mountain Lion. I don't care too much...

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Your contacts' names are shared with Apple in order for you to use the dictation feature. However, only your first name is shared. Interesting!

9. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot
    Gold

I put in for the free upgrade since I bought my MacBook Air earlier this month. Haven't heard back yet but there's a backlog.

10. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

I am happy with it... if there were only a way to get text sent to my cell phone number to show up on the mac notification center I would be happier!
    Tom

11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Does anyone know how to log in using your Apple ID on messages? I'm getting Jabber and Bonjour and then it took one of my Gmail email's and used that. I must be missing something because I cannot find where and or how to log in with my Apple ID so i can use iMessage.

Help Please!******GOT IT! I'm logged in now i have to get the messages to show up on all devices.

12. Goodtimekid

Goodtimekid Member
    Bronze

How do i mirror my mac on Apple tv. Using the new mountain lion

13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold