Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by lemoon, Feb 17, 2012.

1. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze

Have just read the features of Mountain Lion on Apple site, I just have to say, I'm so excited for Mountain Lion.
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/mountain-lion/features.html
    Have downloaded it iMessage for Mac today. Sweet so far. Conversations are showing up on iMac, iPhone, and iPad! NICE! And would test if the AirPlay Mirroring works well, hope I need to do less converting with iFunia, just "stream what’s on your Mac to your HDTV via Apple TV" on the go!
    Hey guys, how about do you think about the Mountain Lion.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Here's another option: you can use the Air Video app to stream what's on your Mac to your Apple TV without converting. It does a live conversion. The iDevice is the middle man. It works great. I haven't had to waste time converting media in Handbrake for quite a while (last Spring, I think) because of this app.

3. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Contributor
    Bronze

You can also stream without converting files if you Jailbreak your Apple TV and install XBMC Media Center on it.

4. Christopher Meinck

Christopher Meinck Administrator
    Administrator

Is it too much to ask for Safari to be improved? I consistently find myself logged out of sites and then there is the dreaded "refresh" when moving between open windows. Drives me absolute nuts.

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Use Chrome. I moved from Safari because of the relentless amounts of bugs, seems it's still not polished.

6. Christopher Meinck

Christopher Meinck Administrator
    Administrator

The new version 5.2 is floating round the interwebs. Seems to be much better than the current.

7. Vorsos

Vorsos New Member

I think the refresh bug is a symptom of Lion's memory management, where instead of paging an app's active memory to disk, running apps are dynamically deallocated of RAM in safe areas. In this case, Safari's core code remains active, but pages are unloaded from memory, iOS style.
    I experience this often enough, since I usually have two Safari windows full of tabs, as well as a dozen other apps running.
    This doesn't make the issue any less annoying per se, but is perhaps better than not knowing why. Maybe a future version of Safari will refrain from unloading pages that have current login cookies or active form fields.

8. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze

Yes, just use the Chrome.
    Chrome works fine for me, and very fast to load pages~