Mouthes of Babes & All That

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
My daughter will soon turn 5, and pretty much never (ever) stops talking. So like most kids she comes out with some pretty classic little phrases and lines.

Her mom told her about 'popping a wheelie' last night when she was trying out her scooter - so tonight she keeps telling me 'My wheel popped'.

Her best one though was when she was littler and her mom told her that dad goes to work to get quarters (as that was pretty much her monetary standard at the time, for feeding into machines etc.). She had met only one of the guys I work with at the time - guy called Daniel - who'd come to lunch with us a few times. So her mom asks her why does dad go to work - 'to get quarters' - fine, cool - then her mom says what does dad do at work - 'plays with Daniel'. Told my boss and guys at work that was my new job description :laugh2:

Anybody else got any kids one-liners?

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Yep. My best friend's daughters (both under the age of 5) were taking a bath together, playing with their favorite toys...the youngest is already a car buff and was zoom zooming her cars in and out of the water. Her older sister did a double-take and yelled, "Syd, STOP putting the car in your pee-pee, it's not a garage!" :laugh2:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yep. My best friend's daughters (both under the age of 5) were taking a bath together, playing with their favorite toys...the youngest is already a car buff and was zoom zooming her cars in and out of the water. Her older sister did a double-take and yelled, "Syd, STOP putting the car in your pee-pee, it's not a garage!" :laugh2:
Nice one ...