moveable icons

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
WELL, I

know its not a big deal, but i noticed that you can move icons around on the home screen, I'm sure most people expected this but here is your proof:

picture from the keynote:
Picture 2.jpg

picture from the commercials:
Picture 1.jpg

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
That is pretty cool... I wonder if we'll be able to re-arrange them in different patterns.

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
oh, i am sure we will be able to.
the way i look at it,
is thats it is like your computers desktop,
i predict we will have complete control of adding/subtracting and moving the widgets

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
oh, i am sure we will be able to.
the way i look at it,
is thats it is like your computers desktop,
i predict we will have complete control of adding/subtracting and moving the widgets
I would think it would be easily customized - different wallpapers, different icon selections. but we'll just have to wait and see.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Looks to me like they just decided to change the standard layout of the icons. Not necessarily that you can.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
probably will be able to tap and hold a icon and drag it to where you want it
All of this possible tapping and dragging has me thinking that I will actually, for once, have to read the manual on how to properly use the iPhone. Then again a more fun way would be to just figure it out as I go along.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
All of this possible tapping and dragging has me thinking that I will actually, for once, have to read the manual on how to properly use the iPhone. Then again a more fun way would be to just figure it out as I go along.
Oh yeah me too. I'm a big instruction reader. When I ordered my Razr, I downloaded the manual of the HelloMoto website just so I could learn all about it before it arrived. I'll probably be up all night reading the iPhone manual cover to cover.:laugh2:

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Oh yeah me too. I'm a big instruction reader. When I ordered my Razr, I downloaded the manual of the HelloMoto website just so I could learn all about it before it arrived. I'll probably be up all night reading the iPhone manual cover to cover.:laugh2:
I'm the same way! Got a new car and read every scrap of paper that came with it that night. :laugh2:

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I think it is one of those tile puzzles with one blank space that you have to move the tiles around to make the picture.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Was thinking it could be VOIP, but it wouldn't have it's own icon but would be behind the scenes when calling. Then I was thinking it could be recording video, but it would just be in the Camera icon. No idea.

invincible569

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
You can move the icons! BUT... not on the home screen. You can move them under the ipod section. That way you know what the feel of it is. Go to Ipod, then More, now Edit. Now drag your icons all around. :) You can also do this in the Phone section.

It's all in the manual.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
I wonder if you will ever be able to delete icons from the home page, maybe freeing up some of the phones memory.
I for one will never use the stock icon.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I don't understand the original post. I don't see any proof that you can move the icons on the home screen.

All the photos show is the layout of the home screen before they added the YouTube icon. Everything is in the same order, etc.

What am I missing here?

invincible569

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I don't understand the original post. I don't see any proof that you can move the icons on the home screen.

All the photos show is the layout of the home screen before they added the YouTube icon. Everything is in the same order, etc.

What am I missing here?

He just wants to customize his icons by priority. This is something you can do on the Blackberries.