Movember EIC team!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
If you haven't heard about Movemeber well hear is a little background. It started in Australia and has since become world wide. In the month of November men (called Mobro's) grow mustaches. These men become walking billboards to raise awareness and donations for prostate and testicular cancer research. Pictures are taken. Events are held.
I have participated the last two years in this event and raised $300 last year. This isn't a strictly guys deal. Think of the wife's/Gf/moms that have to out up with, kiss, look at these things for a month.
I talked to Chris and got his permission and went and started an EIC team.
I think that everyone should join it. Even If you raise five dollars that is five dollars more to raise awareness for a cancer that is killing men everyday.
The website is http://us.movember.com
The team name is Everything iCafe iTeam .
Joining the team is free. Start a profile. Email your friends. On Tuesday I will post a pic on here of my clean shaven face and post pics throughout the month of my growth.
Thanks for all the support everyone.
Donate! Donate! Donate!

Edit: this is to only grow a mustache. No goatees or beards.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm in. Just joined the team. This will be fun and funny for me - as I have never ever been able to grow a stache that doesn't look scruffy and silly.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I am the same way. I will look ridiculous for sure. Specially with no goatees or beards. Years past I am amazed at how silly some guys look after thirty days.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Wish I could join the team, but can't have beards, etc... Maybe I retire this next month I will ;)

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Wish I could join the team, but can't have beards, etc... Maybe I retire this next month I will ;)
Can't have a mustache? We were allowed groomed mustaches. But no beards or goats because of the seal on the Scott mask.
I always poke fun at my dad (lifetime firefighter) that it is a requirement to have a mustache.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Yes we can have a mustache. Hmmmm I will have to give it some serious thought.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Yes we can have a mustache. Hmmmm I will have to give it some serious thought.
One month Scott. Think about all the people you are in contact with that you can spread the word and raise awareness.
No pressure ;)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I won't grow a mustache if you pay me 300 bucks. But I'll be more than happy to donate money to the cause.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Ok Ray, OK, Don't twist the arm so hard... I can't start Nov. 1 as I'm part of a promotional / assessment board that day at work. So I've gotta be all 'spit shined'.
November 2nd... Game on ;)

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Ok Ray, OK, Don't twist the arm so hard... I can't start Nov. 1 as I'm part of a promotional / assessment board that day at work. So I've gotta be all 'spit shined'.
November 2nd... Game on ;)
Love it. Last year as the month went on even as late as the 20th I would meet people. Explain why I looked like a goon(more than normal) a they would join and grow for ten days.

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
all this just makes me really wish I could grow a mustache, but sadly it's the only facial hair I can't really grow..

Aug 31, 2010
I love this and fully support our eiC team! Will I be able to donate after November? (not possible for this month, unfortunately).

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
Come on! With all the EiC members ... there HAS to be more than 2 guys willing to join up! If you or anyone you love has been touched by cancer ... give this a shot! I can't grow a 'stache but I will certainly be making a donation to *our* team! Thanks for starting this Ray! :love:

TxFireman1972

Bronze
Feb 12, 2009
Isn't it just a little weird to grow facial hair to promote testicular cancer awareness? lol

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Isn't it just a little weird to grow facial hair to promote testicular cancer awareness? lol
Isn't testosterone the commonality to facial hair and testes.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk