movie audio out of sync

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
im useing dvdfab and for some reason only this one movie (grace on blu ray) the audio is out of sync, does anyone know how to fix this ? maybe a different program or one to fix the sync problem ?

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I have the same issue on shows I've recorded and converted with TIVO. Sometimes it works well, others not. I notice more on shows or movies longer than an hour. Some times when I use the scroll bar.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can get the audio back in sync with VLC.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
You can get the audio back in sync with VLC.
I checked the app store and realized I don't know what I'm looking for. Would you elaborate on what VLC is?

The video that gets out of sync is already on my iPhone.

Thanks,

Target.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i don't play movies through vlc, i sync them to my phone, so is vlc a program on my pc that will fix it ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There is a VLC iPhone app, but that's not what I was referring to. I was talking about the computer program. It's a media player (by the best, IMO) and it has audio sync settings. I thought you were playing the movies on your computer. Since you're syncing them to phone, you'll need to use a separate app to fix the audio problem. Are you guys using a PC or a Mac?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
On second thought, I think it's better to just prevent the sync problem altogether. The programs that I've heard about that fix the audio sync problem are old (Goldwave Digital Audio Editor and VirtualDub) and getting the audio in sync can be tricky. Instead, try ripping the movies with DVD Decrytper then encoding the files to an .mp4 with Handbrake.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
On second thought, I think it's better to just prevent the sync problem altogether. The programs that I've heard about that fix the audio sync problem are old (Goldwave Digital Audio Editor and VirtualDub) and getting the audio in sync can be tricky. Instead, try ripping the movies with DVD Decrytper then encoding the files to an .mp4 with Handbrake.
I've not had much luck with Handbrake. The video comes out pixilated. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I've tried the iPhone 4 and the universal Apple settings.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Did you rip it and encode it with Handbrake? It sounds like it what happens when you use the wrong preset setting. Try ripping it with DVD Decryper and then encoding in Handbrake.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
So you have to decrypt it first...crucial step. I'll try that soon.