Movie Box App

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Lon, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I downloaded this App from Cydia and am quite impressed with it so far. I have downloaded several movies and TV shows. Does anyone know how I could find those movies using iFile? I have searched around a little but, frankly, am not that skilled at negotiating within iFile.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

var/mobile/Library/Artworks

I installed MovieBox and downloaded a file, but also couldn't find it through iFile, and I'm pretty adept with iFile. So, I Googled it and found a video that showed where it was. I never would have thought to look in Artworks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I was hoping you would respond, since you were the only one that listed Movie Box on your Cydia Apps. It is great. I am hoping I can then move the video to my computer. Another challenge!

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'd never heard of MovieBox before this thread. Are you thinking of StreamKing? I've used that one before.

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Hmmm. I was reading through the list of everyone's Cydia tweaks and apps, and I was sure I saw movie box on yours. It must've been someone else. Movie box is an outstanding app. I will look at streamking also. But movie box is making available first run movies. Thanks Naps.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

RoofMonkey listed that he uses that Cydia app here, but Napoleon PhoneApart quoted that list, so that might be why you were thinking it was his. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  8. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks. I figured it was something like that. iFile worked great for transferring video out of the App and into Downloads (or another) to transfer in turn to my PC. iFile is a real trooper when you need it!

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

A real trouper as well. :)

10. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Bronze

Wow Movie Box looks great but how can it be legal? A lot of movies are either still playing at theaters or have just ended and I can watch them for free and even download them? What am I missing here?

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I haven't watched any of them, but it sounds like they are DVD screeners that are intended for screenings for Oscar consideration. It's Oscar season so a lot of the big movies have leaked screener torrents available while they are still running in the theaters. The others are DVD rips, which are likely also taken directly from torrents by the developers of this app. You aren't uploading anything when you stream these, so you aren't sharing them and you don't really need to worry about the legality of watching this stuff. It's all over the web if you know where to look.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

A bit late on my part....but I couldn't resist....You could try reading the FAQ in the app which states the obvious....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Oh, come on Fiji. That is way too easy. (Am I ever embarrassed!) :eek:

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I enjoy the hunt. Seriously, though, I never saw the link to the FAQ. Good catch.

15. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I use a wifi transfer app to transfer it over to my computer. There are several on iTunes. The one I use is free. It only takes a few minutes. The time consuming part is downloading from Movie Box.

16. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

JWiPhone
    That's a slow method for large file transfer..... just connect iDevice to PC via cable and use any free software like iFunBox or iExplorer etc...to drag the file out...

17. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've not seen or heard of this app, what's the quality of the movies like? I have LoveFilm and Netflix, but I'm always on the look out for another way to find movies and tv. Does this integrate with Safari Download Manager somehow (can't check, had to restore phone last night)?

18. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

And the one you use is .......?

19. chavezr6

chavezr6 Member
    Bronze

I've can watch by streaming but how do I download? I keep getting not enough memory warning. I checked and have 5 GB available.

20. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

That's true. I guess I prefer without cables and like doing everything over wifi, but there is always more than one way to do something.

21. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold