Movie Box App

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Lon, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Coincidentally, another Wi-Fi transfer app called WireShare, which usually costs $3.99, went free today for a limited period of time. I really haven't spent a lot of time with it yet, but it looks like it has some real possibilities.

#21 Lon, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
  2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I can't get any movies to stream. It just sits and loads. I even tried it with a VPN but get the same results. Is there something that I'm missing?

imagedxo.jpg

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm pretty sure it's the same awful download times that are making MovieBox a dud for streaming. ;)

4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I just wish there was a way to background (RIP Backgrounder) this app so it doesn't reset when I switch to another app and it can download or stream while multitasking.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

When an 83MB file takes more than two hours to download, I go elsewhere.

6. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Load "Universal Video Downloader"(FREE) from Cydia.

Find a movie you want and "watch" via stream. UVD will kick in, click on download.... Start the download... Make sure you have the option "Download Alerts" switched on in the app settings(banner alert when download has finished)....

You should now be able to use iDevice while movie is downloading in the background.

This works for stuff like Netflix, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Thank you so much! I'm not sure why the devs didn't design the Movie Box app to download in the background. Especially as large as some of the files are.

8. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Maybe I'm wrong but UVD will only download in the background for 10 minutes so you have to keep the app open for large files and make sure your lock screen timeout doesn't kick in.

9. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

It does keep disconnecting. :(

Is there anyway to disable that?

10. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

I went to Movie Box and picked a movie to play. The UVD app pops up and asks if you want to download so I choose yes and it starts downloading. I set the screen timeout to never and try to reopen UVD within every 10 minutes so the download doesn't stop.

If something happens and you forget it will show the download as failed but you can just tap it and click resume and it picks up where it left off. I have pretty fast Internet and a 675 MB download seemed to take a couple hours.

11. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

You don't need to keep UVD open for large files... Just remember to re-open/close UVD within the 10 min window to refresh the 10 min limit. The author of UVD declined to increase the 10min limit due to RAM/stability issues on 6.x.x....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Set a timer for every ten minutes so you can refresh it while it takes at least 20x longer than it should to download files and stay off your iDevice while it's doing so? Yeesh. No thanks.

13. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Actually what I do is set my screen timeout to never and just do my downloading while at work when I can't really use my iPad for much anyways. It's pretty cool to download 2-3 movies while I'm just sitting here knocking out some Excel files, etc... :)

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is that on WiFi at work or the cellular network? Be careful if it is WiFi at work as these are pirated movies and some companies monitor for that.

15. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Whoops I guess I didn't understand earlier when I had asked if this was legal? But yes I'm using the wifi from work! Since this is pirating I'm done with the app.

16. moosa_tkd

moosa_tkd New Member

If I jailbreak an Apple TV can I install Movie Box on there?

17. Mohammad Obeidat

Mohammad Obeidat New Member

You will find them in ifile/var/mobile/containers/data/application
    Search there and you will find it in the one that contains artworks

18. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hi... I have installed iFile but would like to know transfer those files (movies) onto my pc using the charging cable. Can anyone please tell me how do I do that ?

19. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Also to add, I am not an administrator to install any freeware. If its plug-and-play application, then it would be bingo for me.

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Here are directions. Scroll down to "Transfer files over WiFi."
    You don't need to install any programs on your PC. All you need is iFile on the iPhone.