Movie Box App

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Coincidentally, another Wi-Fi transfer app called WireShare, which usually costs $3.99, went free today for a limited period of time. I really haven't spent a lot of time with it yet, but it looks like it has some real possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I can't get any movies to stream. It just sits and loads. I even tried it with a VPN but get the same results. Is there something that I'm missing?

imagedxo.jpg

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I'm pretty sure it's the same awful download times that are making MovieBox a dud for streaming. ;)
I just wish there was a way to background (RIP Backgrounder) this app so it doesn't reset when I switch to another app and it can download or stream while multitasking.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
I just wish there was a way to background (RIP Backgrounder) this app so it doesn't reset when I switch to another app and it can download or stream while multitasking.

Load "Universal Video Downloader"(FREE) from Cydia.

Find a movie you want and "watch" via stream. UVD will kick in, click on download.... Start the download... Make sure you have the option "Download Alerts" switched on in the app settings(banner alert when download has finished)....

You should now be able to use iDevice while movie is downloading in the background.

This works for stuff like Netflix, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Load "Universal Video Downloader"(FREE) from Cydia.

Find a movie you want and "watch" via stream. UVD will kick in, click on download.... Start the download... Make sure you have the option "Download Alerts" switched on in the app settings(banner alert when download has finished)....

You should now be able to use iDevice while movie is downloading in the background.

This works for stuff like Netflix, etc.

Thank you so much! I'm not sure why the devs didn't design the Movie Box app to download in the background. Especially as large as some of the files are.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Maybe I'm wrong but UVD will only download in the background for 10 minutes so you have to keep the app open for large files and make sure your lock screen timeout doesn't kick in.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Maybe I'm wrong but UVD will only download in the background for 10 minutes so you have to keep the app open for large files and make sure your lock screen timeout doesn't kick in.
It does keep disconnecting. :(

Is there anyway to disable that?

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
It does keep disconnecting. :(

Is there anyway to disable that?
I went to Movie Box and picked a movie to play. The UVD app pops up and asks if you want to download so I choose yes and it starts downloading. I set the screen timeout to never and try to reopen UVD within every 10 minutes so the download doesn't stop.

If something happens and you forget it will show the download as failed but you can just tap it and click resume and it picks up where it left off. I have pretty fast Internet and a 675 MB download seemed to take a couple hours.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
You don't need to keep UVD open for large files... Just remember to re-open/close UVD within the 10 min window to refresh the 10 min limit. The author of UVD declined to increase the 10min limit due to RAM/stability issues on 6.x.x....

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Set a timer for every ten minutes so you can refresh it while it takes at least 20x longer than it should to download files and stay off your iDevice while it's doing so? Yeesh. No thanks.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Set a timer for every ten minutes so you can refresh it while it takes at least 20x longer than it should to download files and stay off your iDevice while it's doing so? Yeesh. No thanks.
Actually what I do is set my screen timeout to never and just do my downloading while at work when I can't really use my iPad for much anyways. It's pretty cool to download 2-3 movies while I'm just sitting here knocking out some Excel files, etc... :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Actually what I do is set my screen timeout to never and just do my downloading while at work when I can't really use my iPad for much anyways. It's pretty cool to download 2-3 movies while I'm just sitting here knocking out some Excel files, etc... :)
Is that on WiFi at work or the cellular network? Be careful if it is WiFi at work as these are pirated movies and some companies monitor for that.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I haven't watched any of them, but it sounds like they are DVD screeners that are intended for screenings for Oscar consideration. It's Oscar season so a lot of the big movies have leaked screener torrents available while they are still running in the theaters. The others are DVD rips, which are likely also taken directly from torrents by the developers of this app. You aren't uploading anything when you stream these, so you aren't sharing them and you don't really need to worry about the legality of watching this stuff. It's all over the web if you know where to look.
Whoops I guess I didn't understand earlier when I had asked if this was legal? But yes I'm using the wifi from work! Since this is pirating I'm done with the app.

moosa_tkd

Mar 23, 2013
If I jailbreak an Apple TV can I install Movie Box on there?

Aug 7, 2015
I downloaded this App from Cydia and am quite impressed with it so far. I have downloaded several movies and TV shows. Does anyone know how I could find those movies using iFile? I have searched around a little but, frankly, am not that skilled at negotiating within iFile.
You will find them in ifile/var/mobile/containers/data/application
Search there and you will find it in the one that contains artworks

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Hi... I have installed iFile but would like to know transfer those files (movies) onto my pc using the charging cable. Can anyone please tell me how do I do that ?

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Also to add, I am not an administrator to install any freeware. If its plug-and-play application, then it would be bingo for me.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hi... I have installed iFile but would like to know transfer those files (movies) onto my pc using the charging cable. Can anyone please tell me how do I do that ?
Here are directions. Scroll down to "Transfer files over WiFi."
Also to add, I am not an administrator to install any freeware. If its plug-and-play application, then it would be bingo for me.
You don't need to install any programs on your PC. All you need is iFile on the iPhone.