movie not fitting on iPhone--help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Took "walk the Line" dvd to iTunes via Handbrake. Then syncd to iPhone. Looks incredible. Problem is the edges (right and left, not sure about top and bottom yet)) of the movie are cut off a bit. Why is this? Looks like the movie is too wide for the iPhone screen.
Did i do something wrong?

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
looks like i might have figured it out myself. there is actually a button on the upper right part of the screen with two arrows....press it, and BAM...fixed it...looks like its a wide screen mode.g
gosh i love this thing!

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Do a search on this board as there is a lot of info on changing settings in Haandbrake to get the correct format for the iPhone.

Aug 22, 2007
Took "walk the Line" dvd to iTunes via Handbrake. Then syncd to iPhone. Looks incredible. Problem is the edges (right and left, not sure about top and bottom yet)) of the movie are cut off a bit. Why is this? Looks like the movie is too wide for the iPhone screen.
Did i do something wrong?
i have a problem, i need to remove those black wide screen at the top and bottom of my movies... how do i do it? does anyone knows how can i remove those black parts? program? anything! please help :(

borchelt

Aug 8, 2007
cropping the bars

i have a problem, i need to remove those black wide screen at the top and bottom of my movies... how do i do it? does anyone knows how can i remove those black parts? program? anything! please help :(

You can specify to crop the upper and lower bars and then stretch the video to fit the screen. Problem with changing the aspect ratio is that everything appears taller. Most movies today are in 16:9 format hence to fit the width totally, you sacrifice top and bottom. personal choice...