Movie shows up in iTunes but doesn't get sync'd?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mactigger

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I have a couple of movies in iTunes (2 are about 5 minutes, and 1 is 2 hours) and only one will sync to the iPhone. The one that syncs is something I downloaded off the net. The other 5 minute movie is one that I purchased from the iTunes which does not sync. And the third movie (2 hours long) I ripped from a DVD. Keep in mind, these all work in iTunes, they just won't even transfer over to the iPhone.

Anyone?

mogz

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
SF
When you connect the iPhone, go to the video tab, and check on sync movies. You also have to check the movies individually.

mactigger

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
yep i have done that. The movies are checked but only one of the 3 syncs. I should also point out that I do have enough room on my iPhone to handle all the movies.

uptick

Jul 2, 2007
NY
same problem here...
Despite the videos I want to sync are Quicktime movies, while syncing iTunes popped up a message that said something to the effect that some video file(s) are not compatible on iPhone and were not synced.

Huh? APPLE Quicktime NOT compatible on APPLE iPhone?!

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
They have to be encoded properly for the iPod / iPhone, as well.
MOV files don't work (i think) mpeg, avi, none of that.
There's a way you can right-click them and "Convert for iPod".
Or, you can use an external 3rd-party converter like Jodix Free iPod Converter.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
Are they .mov files? I don't think they will work. I haven't put a lot of videos on my iPhone, but I have on my iPod Video. I know that you need to convert it to MP4 I believe. Make sure its in the right format.

Sometimes iTunes will give you an error message.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Are they .mov files? I don't think they will work. I haven't put a lot of videos on my iPhone, but I have on my iPod Video. I know that you need to convert it to MP4 I believe. Make sure its in the right format.

Sometimes iTunes will give you an error message.
That's right. (strangely enough) MOV files will not work. They have to be encoded into MP4 format.

wubagel

May 22, 2007
I'm having the same problem. I JUST bought a video through iTunes, I have everything checked, and the movie won't sync

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I'm having the same problem. I JUST bought a video through iTunes, I have everything checked, and the movie won't sync

Changing the "Genre" of video is important, too.
By default, I think they're all "movies", but there's a drop-down menu in iTunes that will let you change it to "TV Show" or "Music Video".
These selections are important, because you may not have that particular category "checked" to sync. ;)