Movie Theatre Etiquette

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
1.) Do not talk without whispering during the movie. I even try to not talk during the previews and the consessions crap. It just lets the people around me know that I have manners and I won't ruin the movie they just paid big bucks to see.

Continue this thread adding etiquette tips. If nobody ever taught you movie theatre manners.......just read along.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
How is it possible for there to be 2 threads on the topic of movie theaters in less than 1 day.

Odd.

Regardless, going to the movies is a waste of money and time, IMO. NetFlix and a nice HD TV replaces any need for a movie theatre, and probably will save you $ over the long haul.

That is all.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
1.) Do not talk without whispering during the movie. I even try to not talk during the previews and the consessions crap. It just lets the people around me know that I have manners and I won't ruin the movie they just paid big bucks to see.

Continue this thread adding etiquette tips. If nobody ever taught you movie theatre manners.......just read along.
My views on proper movie theater etiquette are NO TALKING, NO CELLPHONES/TEXTING, DON'T EVEN TOUCH THE BACK OF MY SEAT, AND TAKE A PEE BEFORE THE MOVIE STARTS SO I DON'T HAVE TO SCRUNCH UP TO LET YOU BY SO YOU CAN PEE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOVIE.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
How is it possible for there to be 2 threads on the topic of movie theaters in less than 1 day.

Odd.

Regardless, going to the movies is a waste of money and time, IMO. NetFlix and a nice HD TV replaces any need for a movie theatre, and probably will save you $ over the long haul.

That is all.
It's possible because I did not want to hijack JJ's thread and turn it into the movie theatre manners thread. The people who attend movies don't like to deal with people without manners. I go to the movie theatre maybe an average of 2-3 times a year. It would probably be a little more if Ftards would teach their children manners.

So I started this thread to educate people who didn't get proper education on manners and etiquette. I was hoping people would add their movie manners tips.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I rarely goes to theaters anymore, but when I do (if I'm alone), I don't enter the actual theater until the previews are almost over. That way, almost everyone else is already seated and I can choose where to sit without worrying too much about Johnny and Judy Evermouth plopping themselves right behind me.

I really only have one thing to say about movie theater etiquette:

Folks, this is not your living room!

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Movies clearly intended for older people are not the place to bring babies. If you can't get a baby sitter, go rent something or stay home and watch Pay Per View. Bringing a baby to a movie that is either 1) violent, 2) scary to the extent that the makers frighten movie goers with sudden, loud sounds, or 3) deals with adult topics (with some degree of nekkidness and seks) is not a good idea.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Movies clearly intended for older people are not the place to bring babies. If you can't get a baby sitter, go rent something or stay home and watch Pay Per View. Bringing a baby to a movie that is either 1) violent, 2) scary to the extent that the makers frighten movie goers with sudden, loud sounds, or 3) deals with adult topics (with some degree of nekkidness and seks) is not a good idea.
Not to hijack this thread, but checked out your blog. It's very cool! Love the aquarium stuff.

Now back to this thread-As Jack said, I also hate when someone behind me is touching or kicking the seat. Just keep your freakin feet down. And yes, please pee before the movie!

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
If you can't chew with your mouth closed then please eat your nachos before the movie starts.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Already been mentioned, but why bring a new born to a movie? Totally retarded and does nothing but cause trouble for everyone(parents included). I have seen one or both leave a movie and never return, sometimes at the beginning of the movie, because the baby was crying. There's $20 shot but you can't afford a sitter?
Get a baby sitter or stay home.

H

Hayesimus

about movies being a waste of time. I don't go to the theater to watch a movie. I go to the movies to enjoy the moving going experience. Getting an overpriced tub of popcorn and sitting in rows and rows of seats and watching the previews and actually having to sit and enjoy the movie instead of being able to hit pause evertime the phone rings or there's a knock at the door or whatever. Its the same as saying watching baseball on TV is better than watching it in person. Its the whole experience of the environment. Btw, i'm not a baseball fan by any means but they must love going to the damn park otherwise why would they buy those tickets. :p

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
If there are several empty rows of seats all around me, don't plot your giant wig right in front of me. I hate that. Some people just have to sit near everyone else. :rolleyes:

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Who is the only other person to be shot in the head in a theater besides Abe Lincoln?

Who ever was sitting in front of PeeWee Herman.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Turn your cell phone on vibrate and don't talk on it during the show.