movies now show chapters

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
When playing a movie ripped from dvd, the chapters now appear on the control panel - you can skip ahead/back by chapter using the forward/backward controller buttons! Yay! Haven't found anything else yet - but still looking!

(I'm referring to the 1.0.2 update here of course!)

Sdog

Jul 30, 2007
Doesn't work for me. Maybe its how I rip my movies.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm on 1.0.1 and my movies have always shown chapters. The only movies I have which contain chapters are the ones I got from iTunes.

Aug 21, 2007
here's a really noobie question. How do u get movies on to the iPhone?

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
ive aleats had the chapters thing too.. Its nothing new.

here's a really noobie question. How do u get movies on to the iPhone?
First you have to either have purchased some movies with iTunes or converted a DVD to your computer using handbrake or some other program.
If you buy the movies in iTunes, they will already show up in iTunes and all you have to do is choose to sync them to the iPhone.

If you have a movie that you ripped from a DVD using handbrake or another program, simply drag the movie into iTunes and it will add it to the movies tab. Place a check mark next to the movies you want to sync to the iPhone and press the sync button in iTunes.

The movies will show up in the iPod under the videos tab at the bottom.

iPhone always remembers where you left off while watching a movie so that you can continue at a later time.

cybergreg

Jul 21, 2007
I've had chapter controls since version 1.0. It's all in how you prepare your video files.
:cool:

Aug 21, 2007
[
QUOTE=hexonxonx;83210]First you have to either have purchased some movies with iTunes or converted a DVD to your computer using handbrake or some other program.
If you buy the movies in iTunes, they will already show up in iTunes and all you have to do is choose to sync them to the iPhone.

If you have a movie that you ripped from a DVD using handbrake or another program, simply drag the movie into iTunes and it will add it to the movies tab. Place a check mark next to the movies you want to sync to the iPhone and press the sync button in iTunes.

The movies will show up in the iPod under the videos tab at the bottom.

iPhone always remembers where you left off while watching a movie so that you can continue at a later time.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, ive been doing some reading on the forums and elsewhere seems that there are many programss out there. Guess just have to do some researh

Thank you again for your help

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I get chapters with Handbrake, but not with Videora, but Videora converts quicker and auto-places movie into iTunes.