Movies & TV Shows won't add to iTunes?

trendyish

Jan 5, 2008
Kentucky
Hello, I am trying to get some movies and TV shows from my computer onto my iPod touch, I have converted them to mpg4 format. Whenever I drag the file over to my iTunes 'Movies' folder, nothing happens, the movie doesn't show up on the list nor on my iPod. I also went to 'File > Add File to Library' and the same thing happens, nothing shows up.

I've been messing with this for 2 whole days and I'm so fed up with it.
Can someone please help me?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hello, I am trying to get some movies and TV shows from my computer onto my iPod touch, I have converted them to mpg4 format. Whenever I drag the file over to my iTunes 'Movies' folder, nothing happens, the movie doesn't show up on the list nor on my iPod. I also went to 'File > Add File to Library' and the same thing happens, nothing shows up.

I've been messing with this for 2 whole days and I'm so fed up with it.
Can someone please help me?

You need to import them in using the upper left menus at the top.

trendyish

Jan 5, 2008
Kentucky
You need to import them in using the upper left menus at the top.
Thank you for the help and quick reply. I just tried that (File > Import > Chose the Movie > Waited) and nothing happens =/

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I used the program 'AoA MP4 Converter'.
So was it a DVD movie converted with this AoA, I am not familiar with that converter. But I am sure there lies the problem, iTunes does not like the file.

trendyish

Jan 5, 2008
Kentucky
So was it a DVD movie converted with this AoA, I am not familiar with that converter. But I am sure there lies the problem, iTunes does not like the file.

It was an .avi movie that I downloaded offline.
I'm not sure which converter to go with, I've Googled so many terms and still can't find a free converter to use.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
It was an .avi movie that I downloaded offline.
I'm not sure which converter to go with, I've Googled so many terms and still can't find a free converter to use.

Are you on a Mac or PC?

Do you have Quicktime pro?

Also there is quish or this one is free and works here

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I am on a PC (Vista). Yes I have QT pro, it was installed when I installed iTunes.

FantaSric...just open QT pro, open the avi movie, click export then you will see the preset for iPhone that is all there is to it. That will work.

I just reread, your post about iTunes, I bet your QT is just standard, you need the PRO which is $29...sorry

trendyish

Jan 5, 2008
Kentucky
FantaSric...just open QT pro, open the avi movie, click export then you will see the preset for iPhone that is all there is to it. That will work.

I just reread, your post about iTunes, I bet your QT is just standard, you need the PRO which is $29...sorry
Yes I had the Basic one :eek: I upgraded to Pro and I exported a video, it took 3-4 hours to do and there is just sound with some weird noise and no picture on QT and my iPod. What would the problem be there?

It did add to my iPod and into iTunes though (finally). Thank you.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Yes I had the Basic one :eek: I upgraded to Pro and I exported a video, it took 3-4 hours to do and there is just sound with some weird noise and no picture on QT and my iPod. What would the problem be there?

It did add to my iPod and into iTunes though (finally). Thank you.

Did you try the free videora software, that should only take maybe an hour. Also just test a small portion of a movie and try importing to make sure it works.

trendyish

Jan 5, 2008
Kentucky
Did you try the free videora software, that should only take maybe an hour. Also just test a small portion of a movie and try importing to make sure it works.
I just tried Videora last night, I converted a movie and then I tried to import it in iTunes and it didn't show up on my movies list.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I just tried Videora last night, I converted a movie and then I tried to import it in iTunes and it didn't show up on my movies list.

Are you talking about the same avi file. There is probably something wrong with that file.

trendyish

Jan 5, 2008
Kentucky
Are you talking about the same avi file. There is probably something wrong with that file.
I tried a different AVI file this time.

edit// I got it working! I used ImToo MPEG encoder :D Thank you again for helping me KNK.