Movies

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by Lon, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Very strange. When I download or convert new movies and try to put them in iTunes, some will go and some will not. Most are MP4. When I go to AppleTV, into my PC Library I now have two categories: Movies, and Home Videos. The movies I tried to put into iTunes, which did not appear to copy, now show up under the category Home Videos. Videos contain the items that are in my iTunes account. Home Movies are other movies that did not appear to copy into iTunes. Anyone seen this?

2. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

All mine that I import do this, after I burn them from DVD or Blue Ray. But because I have to put in all the information for the video anyway. I just change it under info to Movie to it appears correctly in iTunes.

3. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

I download a lot of movies and convert them to mp4. Whenever I add new movies to iTunes, it ALWAYS goes to home videos. Then it's just a matter of changing the type to Movie as coop1701 stated. It's been like this a couple years now and I remember complaining about it at first. My complaints fell on deaf ears though. It's still the same.

4. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I always try to find mp4 versions. Best audio and video. Although the file size is larger.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The Hateful Eight will be the first Ultra Panavision 70mm feature release in nearly fifty years. There are about ninety seven theaters in the US currently equipped for this. It's ten reels of 70mm film. The 70mm print is "doubled up" so each reel is about forty minutes and the whole thing fits on five (double) reels.

Running time for the Road Show version:
    • 3 hours, 7 minutes (187 mins) 70mm version with 3 min 48 sec overture, including 12 min intermission
    • 2 hours 55 minutes (175 mins) normal DCP (digital) version without intermission

Here's a link with showtimes for the theaters showing it in 70mm:
    http://tickets.thehatefuleight.com/showtimes

I'm pretty stoked to see this as Quentin intended, in 70mm. Also, I don't think I've ever been to a movie with an intermission.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've been to one film as a teen that had an intermission - Gone With the Wind. And no, it wasn't first run, prospective smartasses. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The Blu-ray for 2001: A Space Odyssey has an intermission in the middle, just like the cinematic release of the movie. That's the only time I've ever seen one, but it doesn't really count since it wasn't in a theater.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, when I went with the ex and friends to see Out of Africa in Germany in the '80s, that movie had several intermissions - when I fell asleep.