Movies!

Mar 2, 2009
California
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I was unable to come across any threads for this specific topic.

Since we already have a bacon, chocolate, wine and coffee thread, I figured a movie thread would fit in perfectly, lol. Feel free to post about any upcoming, current, and past releases that are of interest to you or may be to others. I know this will greatly help keep me up-to-date with what is and what isn't worth seeing, as I really need to get in the habit of watching more movies.

The newest upcoming movie I would like to see is Paranormal Activity. Sadly, it's only a limited release in select theaters, but should be good nonetheless. The closest showing in my area is about 30-40 min away. It seems to be closely related to the movie In Memorium (more info here) and a little bit of The Exorcist.

Is this movie playing in your area? If so, will you see it?

**The trailer is in HD. If you want to watch it full screen, click the white letters that read "YouTube" in the bottom right corner, and it will open in a new window**

Last edited by a moderator:

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Top 10 movies thread from a few weeks ago:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/my-top-ten.45878/

But, I haven't seen any discussing new releases, upcoming, etc. unless one was made for a specific movie. Like, for instance, there was a District 9 thread, Inglorious Basterds thread, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It was horrible. Its Deathrace meets Unreal Tournament videogames.
LMAO...What did you expect? It's a movie about multiplayer online video games with people controlling the real-life players! No academy awards there.

I'm really looking forward to Surrgates as well as Zombieland.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Thanks, London. I was actually going to watch in the cinema. Time to download that MF.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
juls1585 said:
I want to see Gamer.
Just the same movie type of Movie as The Condemned which got its idea from the original 1975 death race film.

Win and you get released blah blah blah.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
I can't wait till this film comes out though next year what a cast.

The Expendables

Sylvester Stallone

Jason Statham

Jet Li

Bruce Willis

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Brittany Murphy

Eric Roberts

Mickey Rourke

Dolph Lundgren

Randy Couture

Terry Crews

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Saw "9" and I would recommend going to the theaters if you enjoy animation. :eek:k:eek:k

Mar 2, 2009
California
Saw will be coming out next month, as usual. Should be interesting to watch. I think I missed a series; i better catch up.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Saw "9" and I would recommend going to the theaters if you enjoy animation. :eek:k:eek:k
9 was OK.... the animated short on youtube was ALOT better.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was really good lol.

Not looking forard to Astroboy. Yet another american company thats going to butcher a Japanese legendary classic.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^ I completely forgot about WTWTA. I've been anxiously awaiting its release for a while now.

I heard Jennifer's Body was a huge failure, not that I find that surprising.

Mar 2, 2009
California
LOL

I remember that book as a kid. I love how they're remaking old classics into movies.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Arrested Development the Movie is comin out next year.

!