Movies!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by evolution83, Sep 21, 2009.

1. evolution83

evolution83 Zealot

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I was unable to come across any threads for this specific topic.

Since we already have a bacon, chocolate, wine and coffee thread, I figured a movie thread would fit in perfectly, lol. Feel free to post about any upcoming, current, and past releases that are of interest to you or may be to others. I know this will greatly help keep me up-to-date with what is and what isn't worth seeing, as I really need to get in the habit of watching more movies.

The newest upcoming movie I would like to see is Paranormal Activity. Sadly, it's only a limited release in select theaters, but should be good nonetheless. The closest showing in my area is about 30-40 min away. It seems to be closely related to the movie In Memorium (more info here) and a little bit of The Exorcist.

Is this movie playing in your area? If so, will you see it?

**The trailer is in HD. If you want to watch it full screen, click the white letters that read "YouTube" in the bottom right corner, and it will open in a new window**

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
  2. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. This is a bit offbeat, but I enjoyed the Rifftrax Live showing of "Plan 9 from Outer Space" a month or so ago.
  5. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot

I'm pretty excited for Zombieland with Jesse Eisenberg.

6. AdrianCubed

AdrianCubed Zealot

It was horrible. Its Deathrace meets Unreal Tournament videogames.
  7. The original good "Deathrace 2000" or the so-so remake?
  8. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius

LMAO...What did you expect? It's a movie about multiplayer online video games with people controlling the real-life players! No academy awards there.

I'm really looking forward to Surrgates as well as Zombieland.
  9. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius

Thanks, London. I was actually going to watch in the cinema. Time to download that MF.
  10. RossMc

RossMc Zealot

Just the same movie type of Movie as The Condemned which got its idea from the original 1975 death race film.

Win and you get released blah blah blah.

11. RossMc

RossMc Zealot

I can't wait till this film comes out though next year what a cast.

The Expendables

Sylvester Stallone

Jason Statham

Jet Li

Bruce Willis

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Brittany Murphy

Eric Roberts

Mickey Rourke

Dolph Lundgren

Randy Couture

Terry Crews

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/
  12. kimo

kimo Member

Saw "9" and I would recommend going to the theaters if you enjoy animation. :eek:k:eek:k
  13. evolution83

evolution83 Zealot

Saw will be coming out next month, as usual. Should be interesting to watch. I think I missed a series; I better catch up.
  14. Except that the premise in the original Death Race 2000 wasn't early release.

15. AdrianCubed

AdrianCubed Zealot

9 was OK.... the animated short on youtube was ALOT better.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was really good lol.

Not looking forard to Astroboy. Yet another american company thats going to butcher a Japanese legendary classic.
  16. coasts

coasts Zealot

17. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot

^^ I completely forgot about WTWTA. I've been anxiously awaiting its release for a while now.

I heard Jennifer's Body was a huge failure, not that I find that surprising.
  18. evolution83

evolution83 Zealot

LOL

I remember that book as a kid. I love how they're remaking old classics into movies.
  19. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

Arrested Development the Movie is comin out next year.

!!!
  20. Are you serious?? I really hope you're not just joking. I love that show.
  21. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius