Movies!

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
^^ I completely forgot about WTWTA. I've been anxiously awaiting its release for a while now.

I heard Jennifer's Body was a huge failure, not that I find that surprising.
Its what happens when you rely on the most beautiful woman in the world with the ****tiest and stiff acting in the world.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
the only movie i'm looking forward to the most is Avatar in Dec. I was lucky to get free tickets to the IMAX preview a few weeks ago.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Saw will be coming out next month, as usual. Should be interesting to watch. I think I missed a series; i better catch up.
Absolutely loved part 1, really liked part 2, the surgical scenes were so ridiculous that they killed part 3 for me, never did finish part 4 (boring), and me and my sis (quietly) made fun of part five the entire pathetic 92 minutes.

That being said, nothing will keep me from going to see part 6 this October (although I swore I wouldn't last year while walking out of part 5) because horror is my favorite genre and I cannot will myself to not go :)

Part 6 though? Talk about beating a dead Jigsaw ;)

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Whats funny is SAW actually was a sleeper hit. The movie was shot in like 21 days or something. Not much shooting to do when everything is in one room and a few additional scenes. One of the producer/director is the guy who wakes up in the bathtub. Also, in the commentary its funny because he makes fun of the pipes that their attached to. They were trying to make it look like they're pulling hard however the pipes were just props and could break LOL. I have to admit, i NEVER saw the ending scene coming. SAW was one of the very few horror/thriller/suspense movies that i didn't see the ending coming. It was amazing, my mind in disbelief, eyes falling out of my head mouth on the floor.

Saw two was also good.

Saw 3 it started to become gimicky and bad.

Saw 4 was good.

Saw 5 It was kind of explaining all the other movies.

I want to see Saw 6 because of whatever the wife saw in the box, and her character intrigue me.

Ther will be Saw7 in 2010.

You have to admit, for a movie to spawn this many movies, and they're all in correct line with eachother, they have to be doing something right. The movies sell, and usually have a small budget and gross a lot of money. Either their doing something right, or the world likes seeing people tortured in brutal death machines, games, situations.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
These were already mentioned, but I'll throw my support and anticipation behind the following:

- Where The Wild Things Are

- Saw VI (though IV and V were NOT the caliber of I and II, III was good but slipping...)

- The Road (this movie hasn't been talked about a lot yet, but it looks very good, concept has been done before but this trailer sells it for me: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/18100...tv-s.92325632-,13468780-10300-qtv-s.92325634- plus who doesn't LOVE Viggo?!)

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
The Road (novel) WAS VERY DARK AND SAD. I suggest anyone to read it. It was extremely good. I cant wait to see how well the movie is.

I want to see Avatar.
I want to see Avatar the last Airbender.
I cant wait to see Spider Man 4, (Carnage is in this one)
That Tron movie in 3D IMAX will be amazing.

I HAVE to see Daybreakers. It so far has been the most amazing and interesting perspective on a vampire movie. I hope its really good. I love vampire novels/movies and this idea and concept to me is a refreshing change from all the vampire things ive seen.

Ghost in the Shell movie. the last i heard, the movie has been cast i think Charlize Theron is Motoko Kusanagi, the Guy who plays Hell Boy is Batou and Cate Blanchette is the Puppet Master body. The only issue is script, budget, and all this other crap that has pretty much posponed the movie.

Whenever they get around to making it. (sigh the film is getting caught up in the same thing that Halo was getting caught up in).

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
^^ I completely forgot about WTWTA. I've been anxiously awaiting its release for a while now.

I heard Jennifer's Body was a huge failure, not that I find that surprising.
Jennifer's Body was "Twilight" for men. It looked horrible in previews. Megan Fox is just eye candy for men......and she glitters in the sunlight too.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Wasn't my favorite of his, but far from awful, IMO.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think it started to go wrong when they got to the part with Mark Wahlberg.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, just in other movies. In this he was just no good.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I was disappointed with the way the plot turned. The plants are warning us? Defending themselves by causing mass suicides? Weird. I did, however, like Lady in the Water.

Mar 2, 2009
California
I liked the movie Signs. Anything with aliens is always worth seeing. I do believe the whole "water as a weakness" was kinda lame. I mean, wouldn't the aliens have known that about themselves before traveling to a place that's made almost entirely out of water?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Yes, but that was essential to the main theme of the movie. Everything happens for a reason.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I can't wait till this film comes out though next year what a cast.

The Expendables

Sylvester Stallone

Jason Statham

Jet Li

Bruce Willis

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Brittany Murphy

Eric Roberts

Mickey Rourke

Dolph Lundgren

Randy Couture