Movies!

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
In an effort to get this thread back on track, and maybe tryout to get appointed as a moderator, anyone planning to go see Sully this weekend? I have some passes that I won from a local radio station so I plan to see it tomorrow night.

And on a somewhat related note, what would you do if you were on a plane, and Tom Hanks suddenly boarded your flight? Would you have any second thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
In an effort to get this thread back on track, and maybe tryout to get appointed as a moderator, anyone planning to go see Sully this weekend? I have some passes that I won from a local radio station so I plan to see it tomorrow night.

And on a somewhat related note, what would you do if you were on a plane, and Tom Hanks suddenly boarded your flight? Would you have any second thoughts??

Mindi and I are going to see it when she comes out to visit me in ten days - not that I'm counting.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I watched the final two installments of the Final Destination series (4 and 5). Both were equally ridiculous but still rather entertaining.

Happy to get the bad taste of Central Intelligence out of my mouth.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Oh my, I just watched "Under the Skin" with Scarlett Johansson. It came up when my brother and I were discussing The Bodies Exhibition in Vegas and the Mutter Museum in Philly. It's pretty graphic. There's one part where you see...SPOILER (highlight to read): ...an undulating skin-bag guy in a pool of alien liquid whose inner body was vacated and skin used as a human suit so aliens could steal more bodies.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Oh my, I just watched "Under the Skin" with Scarlett Johansson. It came up when my brother and I were discussing The Bodies Exhibition in Vegas and the Mutter Museum in Philly. It's pretty graphic. There's one part where you see...SPOILER (highlight to read): ...an undulating skin-bag guy in a pool of alien liquid whose inner body was vacated and skin used as a human suit so aliens could steal more bodies.
Apparently the spoiler cover doesn't work in the crap-a-talk app. Thanks.

Last edited:

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Sully: it was simply brilliant! Tom Hanks knows how to act, and well, Clint Eastwood knows how to direct...

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Sully: it was simply brilliant! Tom Hanks knows how to act, and well, Clint Eastwood knows how to direct...
I agree. Great flick. Saw it opening night. I also liked the part during the credits where they should what looked like some kind of mini-reunion with Sully himself and many of the passengers in an airplane hangar somewhere. I especially liked how the passengers introduced themselves by seat number.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
@Sharunda Have you seen the trailer for Ruth Negga's new film? It looks good.

Oh I have been well aware of this film since the first season of Preacher! I do look forward to seeing this too. Thanks for thinking of me, posing this and knowing that this is my GIRL!!!

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
No discussion of Rogue One? What'd everyone think? Once I realized where it all tied in, it made more sense. The last 30 seconds were the best part of the whole show.