Movies!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Been watching some older movies until something good comes out. Smoking Aces and The Boondocks Saints are two of the best movies I've seen in a long time. John Wick is another and it's sequel should be really good as well.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Cool, that will make the 9th one I have once it's out on DVD next year. Might be time for a weekend marathon!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I watched Hacksaw Ridge the other day. It is an excellent true story but it is definitely not for younger or more sensitive viewers. The depiction of the violence of war could be considered by some as being over the top graphically but I felt that it is far outweighed by the subject of the story. It may also help civilians who were never in the military to better understand PTSD. No one who has been exposed to the horrors of war can come away unaffected.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I watched Hacksaw Ridge the other day. It is an excellent true story but it is definitely not for younger or more sensitive viewers. The depiction of the violence of war could be considered by some as being over the top graphically but I felt that it is far outweighed by the subject of the story. It may also help civilians who were never in the military to better understand PTSD. No one who has been exposed to the horrors of war can come away unaffected.
It was an amazing movie. Choked me up more times than I care to admit.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
It was an amazing movie. Choked me up more times than I care to admit.
I know the feeling. I watched it with a friend I've known for more than forty years. He spent two tours in Nam and would never talk about it even when asked. Neither one of us expected the level of realism and it prompted him to open up about his time there through many tears. It was a hard day but a good one nonetheless.

May 25, 2017
Watched Star Wars growing up, even now I remember the first one and I enjoy each moment when a new part of the series is released. Thank you George Lucas!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Just watched War for the Planet of the Apes. Awesome movie and easily the best of the trilogy. The CGI is top notch.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Just watch "The Last Jedi" for the second time and still shed a tear at the ending. Excellent Movie. If you have enjoyed the star wars saga thus far you will for sure enjoy this one as well.