Moving contacts from 3G S to non-iPhone

Watchwait

Jul 9, 2009
Does anyone know how to do this? I am downgrading from my 3G S to an ATT Samsung SGH A777. Both have SIM cards. The Samsung is able to download contacts FROM a SIM card, but how do I get my existing iPhone contacts moved TO a SIM card? Don't say iTunes, as the Samsung will not interface with iTunes. So there must be a way to get the 3G S to write my contacts to its existing SIM card, which I can then transfer to my Samsung and download said contacts. This is not Rocket Science, so I must be missing something very simple. Thanks in advance!

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Does anyone know how to do this? I am downgrading from my 3G S to an ATT Samsung SGH A777. Both have SIM cards. The Samsung is able to download contacts FROM a SIM card, but how do I get my existing iPhone contacts moved TO a SIM card? Don't say iTunes, as the Samsung will not interface with iTunes. So there must be a way to get the 3G S to write my contacts to its existing SIM card, which I can then transfer to my Samsung and download said contacts. This is not Rocket Science, so I must be missing something very simple. Thanks in advance!
What OS does the Samsung have? (assuming that it's a smartphone). And what type of computer do you have Mac or Windows? Mark

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
You should be able to sync your contacts to an external account such as Gmail or Yahoo Mail and then sync to import on the new device. I have not used it yet for that purpose but I'm told iTunes can sync with Yahoo Mail.

YMMV