Moving emails to a different mailbox?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jam969

Aug 29, 2007
Long Island, NY
Merry Christmas to everyone,
I had a very important email which I tried to move from the trash(put there by accident) to my inbox by hitting the move to a different envelope button and I could see the mail icon jumping from one folder to the other, but the email has vanished. It isn't in either box, I thought I made a mistake and tried to move a few other emails to other boxes and they vanished also.
Anybody having this problem?
Am I doing something wrong?
If I didn't have these saved on another computer Id be really screwed.
Thanks,
James

FabianMG

Aug 28, 2007
Yes, I have had that happening for awhile now...I emailed Apple a couple of times. Hopefully when the new update come out this will be fixed! :sick:

Jam969

Aug 29, 2007
Long Island, NY
Hey Fab,
Thanks for the reply,
I went to dinner with a few friends and one of them has an iPhone, I checked, hers does the same thing... it seems to completely delete the emails you try to move.
Did Apple ever reply to your emails?

Thanks,
Merry Christmas,
James

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
i have the same problem.

For further info, i use gmail pop, aol and another pop account. not sure if imap works correctly.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the mail carrier, I think it is more of a phone issue.

ahhhhh the ol' email disappearing act...yeah i had the same issue...sounds like an imap situation...i have gmail...who's you mail carrier? ...maybe this will help...

IMAP Setup for Gmail on iPhone
Quote by zandrik
Sounds like you may not have IMAP setup. Go here to find out how to setup Gmail IMAP for the iPhone

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/gmail-moving-messages-into-a-new-mailbox.15806/

or-

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/gmail-error-msg.15299/

Last edited by a moderator: