Moving Map in Google Earth?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kchester

Jan 23, 2007
Given that the iPhone will have Google Earth and Bluetooth, I would really like to see them use the moving map funtion. Basically be able to take a Bluetooth GPS puck and have the Google Earth maps display your location. This could obviously be used for traveling in your car or on the street and help significantly to justify the price of the device. I doubt this will happen though because Google Earth is going to require the Edge network to pull the maps. This might work place to place on foot but will definitely be no good for driving, the network just can't support it. Apply would need to use mapsource or the like instead of Google to make this happen. Any comments?

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I would love to see support for a bluetooth GPS receiver. I would prefer turn by turn software to google maps. The maps would then be stored in flash instead having to be downloaded via EDGE. Google maps could be used to find POIs and then the turn by turn software could direct you there. I would happily sacrifice a few hundred MB of space as well as the $ for the software to add this.

This is the one item that I will miss from my existing phone (if it is not present on the iPhone). I am still hoping this is one of "yet to be announced" features of the iPhone :).

kchester

Jan 23, 2007
Well it looks like my wish is coming true. Take a look at the rumored Google phone. Everything I have read so far says it will be faster on the web and it will have an intergrated GPS to be used with Google Maps. Please Apple fight back!