Moving music

Kirbi

Dec 27, 2011
I have a new laptop and I am trying to move all of my music to. My old computer that I originally was in sync with is completely dead and I need to get all my music off this iPhone cause I am fixing to get a new one. What do I do because I don't want to lose all of my music I bought?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I have a new laptop and I am trying to move all of my music to. My old computer that I originally was in sync with is completely dead and I need to get all my music off this iPhone cause I am fixing to get a new one. What do I do because I don't want to lose all of my music I bought?
Look for a program called Sharepod. It's free. Install on computer and it will let you take all the music off your device and put it on that new computer.

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
It will back up the phone but not the music. As suggested above, get Sharepod as this enables you to copy the music FROM the iPhone to the new computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirbi

Dec 27, 2011
It copied what I had downloaded from the previous computer but it won't let me get off what I have bought through the phone?

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
What you've bought from iTunes is always saved in your account and yours to download again, at any time.