Moving pictures from iPhone to PC.

Jul 3, 2014
Sweeden
Peace iCafe'ers!
I have a question about pictures.
When you want to move your pictures from your iPhone to PC, so you can store them on an USB.

How is best and easiest way to do?
I tried connecting iPhone to comp via lightning cable, but for me it seemed like all pictures were put randomly in different folders, as you can see in my picture:

I guess it isn't just "random."
But how does it work?

I would prefer to get my pictures like they are saved on camera roll.
(From oldest to the one most recently.)

Thanks a lot for helping me solve this!
//Blessings, Richard.

Attachments

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I think iExplorer let’s you see the thumbnails of your photos, in order, (and copy them easily)
It’s been awhile since I used iExplorer though

The picture you attached is just Windows Explorer showing how your photos are stored on your iPhone. I you want to actually copy them to your Windows computer you can use the Windows Photos app on your computer to do so. Here is an article on how to do it.

Import to your PC
You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using Windows Photos app:​
  1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
    1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
    2. You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
    3. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.
Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photos app:​
(click to view)​
When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.​
Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer.​

Hope this helps

Jul 3, 2014
Sweeden
The picture you attached is just Windows Explorer showing how your photos are stored on your iPhone. I you want to actually copy them to your Windows computer you can use the Windows Photos app on your computer to do so. Here is an article on how to do it.

Import to your PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using Windows Photos app:​

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
    1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
    2. You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
    3. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photos app:​

(click to view)​

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.​

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer.​

Hope this helps
Thanks!