Moving the "slide to unlock" to top

Mar 23, 2009
So I dropped my iPhone the other day. The bottom 3rd of the touch screen doesn't work. So I can't move the slider to unlock my iPhone.

Is there an app that can move the "Slide to Unlock" to the top or some other kind methods that doesn't involve the bottom of the screen?

Redon

Apr 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
Impossible, sorry. I think there may be an app that does something similar to that though.

PS: I repair iPhones too if you want any help.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I checked in Cydia and didn't see any sliders that have been moved to the top of the screen, but I did find a way to bypass the slide/tap to unlock.

Search for QuickUnlock in Cydia. Once installed, you can triple click the home button to unlock the phone. To finalize unlock, hit home button or launch any app, otherwise it locks itself after 10 seconds.

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
There is also the "Tap to Unlock" mod. Not sure what its called though.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Tap to Unlock (that's called Slock, by the way, but I don't think it's in Cydia) is still on the bottom in the same place as the slider bar - you just tap it instead of slide.

Moving the slide bar to the top is certainly possible, probably via Mobile Substrate, but nobody's yet done it, and I don't expect it anytime soon. I'd say your best bet is the method Europa mentioned.

H

helpyours

go to the shop

iTrey.Bates

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
Texas
yes i agree with europa...Quickunlock is your best bet...i even used it without even having a problem with my screen...but cmon bro..you kno you just want to go get it fixed lol

rojocrandall

Bronze
Mar 2, 2009
5 or so months later, new Cydia app SnowLock allows you to swap positions with SLide to Unlock and the Clock...

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
5 or so months later, new Cydia app SnowLock allows you to swap positions with SLide to Unlock and the Clock...
Just a tip: When you go to download SnowLock in Cydia, it looks like you have to donate, but just tap the drop down, scroll down, and change it from $2.00 to FREE, and the you can install it.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I'm having some trouble though, it's not working.

I've tried disabling all of my other winterboard themes to no avail.

rojocrandall, can you tell me how you have yours setup? There's the SwapTimeAndUnlockBar, NormalTimeandLockBar, and Tricky Lockscreen. Which, (if not all) need to be enabled, and in what order must they be applied? I must be doing something wrong here, but I cannot figure this out.