mp4 or m4v to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch' started by Lon, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I did a search and didn't find much here, but what do you all use to burn mp4 or m4v videos to a DVD that will play on a DVD player. I just burned them and they play on the computer, but not on a player.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What are you using to convert them? It's been years since I've done this since I just stream movies now, but I used to use DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink to rip and burn DVDs and Super DVD Creator to convert and burn .avi, .mp4 and .mkv files to DVD. Regardless of what program you use, they have to convert them to a DVD format. .mp4 and .m4v won't work in a DVD player.

3. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

That's what I just discovered. Burned mp4's onto DVD and they work fine on a computer, but not a DVD player. I get too exasperated Googling as most websites turn out either worthless or mostly spam. I have already downloaded and deleted 4 of them - not too mention the related garbage I had to delete, either conventionally or with Malwarebytes! Just thought someone might have a suggestion for something as stable as Handbrake in the other direction. I rip and convert DVD's to m4v but have never gone the other way. I have a friend that would like to have them and was hoping I didn't have to reinvent the wheel if someone here had some experience with a reliable DVD burner, preferably free!

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, I used paid apps for this, so I don't have a recommendation for a free one. I remember using cucusoft, xilsoft and SuperDVD Creator. It's been so long ago that I don't remember why the free ones weren't as good, but it might have been that the audio/video was out of sync or something like that. You could try this one if you want a free one, but it was just something I found on Google right now, not one that I've actually tested. Hopefully, someone else will chime in with a recommendation for a good, free solution.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

ConvertXtodvd is what I use, it's windows only and that's about the only time I boot Windows on my Mac. That little program has converted everything I've thrown at it so far.

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks, I will give it a try. I am in the process of trying Any Video Converter now, but will still try yours as you seem to have experience at it. I am on Windows, so no problem.

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

You can't go wrong with that!