mQuickDo - Virtual home and power button for the iPhone

mQuickDo

May 19, 2009
mQuickDo is an update to iHome which allows you to assign functions to different gestures.
mQuickDo makes use of the (trigger function) of iPhone and iPod Touch. mQuickDo will help you operate iPhone and Touch easily like exit a program, reboot or power off, switch or quit a task, mute or hang up the incoming call, etc. It will protect "Home"and "Power" button at a high degree, extend the life of your iPhone or Ipod Touch.
The application is available via the iSpazio repository with a 3 day trial and a purchase price of $7.99. Some new features include:
- Ability to hide the bar mQuickDo when you see the keyboard. This avoids problems on tap spacebar.
- Opportunity to see 5 icons on lockscreen for quick access to applications.
- Redesigned application consists of 3 different tab with the new switches to activate the additional features
- All the options that you set are activated immediately without having to run a respring
- During an incoming call can execute a “long slide” from left to right to silence the ringer, or a “Long Slide” from right to left to reject the call

NOTICE: Before the installation of mQuickDo,please uninstall iHome first.

Last edited by a moderator:

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Looks nice but for 7.99 I don't really want it.

mQuickDo

May 19, 2009
mQuickDo v1.3 supports iPhoneOS 3.0.
New feature: 1. the option "above status bar" is added to QuickDo Bar.When you choose this option and the QuickDo Bar is moved to top, you can still see it,not covering the status bar.
2. add the option for short slide can also open SBSettings when QuickDo Bar is at top.
3. when QuickDo Bar is at top, it won't hide when keyboard pops.
4. add French localized version.
5. fix bugs and optimize codes.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I have this app and it's awesome. It brings me Pre-like multitasking through advanced gestures. Definitely worth the $7.99! I plan on doing a demo video of mQuickDo tomorrow, so check it out when it's available!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Well it Has got to be better than ol' wrinkle fingers job.

--
Mike

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
People drop $8 on games all the time in the Appstore. This app may not seem vital to everyone, but those who have tried it seem to be pretty faithful followers. It makes for a really new experience with the iPhone, it seems. I haven't given it a go since my jailbreak went bad, but I will with the 3.1 JB, no doubt.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Love this app. Take a bit of practice to learn all of the swipe options. Can't wait to see your video NPA.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I have this app and it's awesome. It brings me Pre-like multitasking through advanced gestures. Definitely worth the $7.99! I plan on doing a demo video of mQuickDo tomorrow, so check it out when it's available!
I definitely am interested in seeing a video. I don't quite get the whole application function yet, so I'm sure a demo will help. Thanks!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I like this app a lot. I use it purely for the app switching capability, and it's superb at that. It took some getting used to for me on getting the gestures right and figuring out the basics (with help from Tinman and Napoleon) - but I'm very glad to have it, and happy to pay my $7.99 even thought I'm not sure how long I'll stay jailbroken - figure this dev deserves the donation regardless.

mQuickDo

May 19, 2009
:eek:k:eek:k:eek:k:eek:k so happy to see you love this app.
if you have any suggestion or need any help, just let me know

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
ok I've installed this and can't get the gestures to work. Either I'm doing something wrong or it's not working. I swipe up from the bottom and nothing happens.. and when I swipe across the bottom, I just end up hitting Safari.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
ok I've installed this and can't get the gestures to work. Either I'm doing something wrong or it's not working. I swipe up from the bottom and nothing happens.. and when I swipe across the bottom, I just end up hitting Safari.
Unless you've changed the settings in mQuickDo, the gesture bar is probably at the top status bar, not at the bottom. Have you read the help file under About/How To Use?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Go into it's settings and increase the height. I had the same problem but increasing the height resolved it.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
ok i'm getting better at it.. the launcher is pretty cool.

What else does everyone use this for?

And somehow the bar got at the top and it seems to conflict with using SBSettings.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
This app is brilliant. It has totally changed the way I use my phone. Especially with backgrounder running beside it, it makes swapping/changing between apps easy.

The shortcuts on the locksrceen are my favourites, its so easy once you master the gestures

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Try "grabbing" the mQuickDo bar at the top and dragging it to the bottom.
I remember getting totally confused with this, it was a pain, I had activate through Status Bar selected (bad idea), I was alway having to go there first.

Keep it simple, thats the best way I've found so far.

mQuickDo

May 19, 2009
The latest version mQuickDo v1.4 supports iPhoneOS 3.0. New feature: 1. add option "enable Badge".On App Short-cuts or App Swithcer, it enables badge on app icons just the same as on SpringBoard.
2. add option "Voice Control" to Gesture Settings, it is only available for 3GS.
3. add "Tap and Hold for 2 seconds" to Quick Do, which is corresponsive to "Voice Control (3GS) ".
4. When on 1st page or is showing search,slide will scroll to last page.
5.Remove lock screen background and optimize icon.