Mr. Robot

Jul 27, 2015
London
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Mr. Robot[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-05-27[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Sam Esmail[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Rami Malek[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christian Slater[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Portia Doubleday[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carly Chaikin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frankie Shaw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gloria Reuben[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin Wallström[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Gill[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]A contemporary and culturally resonant drama about a young programmer, Elliot, who suffers from a debilitating anti-social disorder and decides that he can only connect to people by hacking them. He wields his skills as a weapon to protect the people that he cares about. Elliot will find himself in the intersection between a cybersecurity firm he works for and the underworld organizations that are recruiting him to bring down corporate America.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Jul 27, 2015
London
I am new to this forum, so sorry if I seem a little forward :) I love tv shows, and see that you have a section on it which is awesome! But if none of you have seen this show, then I highly recommend it. I think it will be up there with GOT and breaking bad. Let me know what you think :)

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I just checked the IMDB page for this show. It appears that the lowest rated of the 5 aired episodes got an 8.5 out of 10 stars. It looks like it's right up my alley with its science fiction elements.
Thanks for the tip.

Jul 27, 2015
London
No probs! :) You wont regret it. Watch the first episode and let me know what you think :)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I've watched all currently released episodes of this show, and so far I like it. Out of 10 stars, I think I would award it 7. At times, the show can feel a little bit draggy, but the dragginess doesn't last too long.

I just checked the IMDB page for this show. It appears that the lowest rated of the 5 aired episodes got an 8.5 out of 10 stars. It looks like it's right up my alley with its science fiction elements.
Thanks for the tip.
I've watched all the episodes, and I wouldn't say the show contains any elements of science fiction. I don't know who at IMDb said that or why, but I don't agree. I'm not disagreeing with you, just with the person who claimed there were elements of science fiction.

Last edited:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I just started watching this last night. It's fantastic and maybe I would have started watching it earlier if it had been on AMC or a network I trust. Really surprised this is on USA. Had a few episodes taped and I've been streaming from the USA app on the Xbox One. Only through the first two episodes and I am hooked.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm really enjoying this show. I've got episodes 6 - 10 on my DVR (started watching it late in the season). Like Chris, I'm watching the earlier ones on my TV through the USA app. I watched #4 last night.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Crikey! I wish I'd known there was a USA app before we just paid $3.99 to watch an episode OnDemand last night. For some strange reason, Vz had episodes 1-4 for free, 5 was listed as buy/rent and 6, 7, etc. were available at no charge. It's been that way for a couple of weeks ... we watched 6 also just in case. As much as I've hated Comcast in the past, I'm beginning to think about dropping Vz. Grrrrrr!

Update - 09/05/15
As we were waiting Episode 10 to appear as available through OnDemand, the old brain cells finally clicked and I realized that we could watch the last remaining episode on our AppleTV through the USA app.

... This show is GREAT!!! We are eagerly waiting for season two.

Last edited:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
This show was beyond stellar. I think it's early, but this has Breaking Bad qualities. It's that good. And the finale (no spoilers), just left me wanting more. Guessing they'll have a bigger budget and this will just get better. So. Awesome.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I’m really enjoying the second season. Last week’s episode was totally neat, and it was weird that we
did not see Elliot at all.

In the previous episode, we found out he had been
in prison all this time, which was a total mind[expletive].

I haven’t watched last night’s episode just yet, but I think I will do so before the day is over.

Mamamia

Jan 10, 2017
If you like the show take a look at the Telltale app. Cool little idea and some extra story line while we wait.