MS Excel?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
Is there any free or cheap apps that can view/edit MS Excel files that are located on Dropbox? For my iPad I use CloudOn, but I have nothing for the iPhone.

The reason I'm looking for free or cheap is I really only use it to manage my book list. I keep track of what I've read and what I own in an Excel workbook with multiple sheets. Just doesn't feel right spending $10 for just that.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Google onlive desktop. It lets you have a simulated office environment on windiest desktop. You have to upload your files on a pc or Mac though.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
Thanks for the suggestions.

Onlive: Forgot about Onlive. I'll have to look into getting a US account as I'm Canadian. Only thing I'm concerned about is if they block via geolocation.

GoodReader: Seems good, but can anyone confirm Santa's concern about GoodReader not being able to edit? I'm looking for both viewing and editing as if I just needed viewing I could just use Dropbox, even though Dropbox removes the formatting.

Numbers: $10 is too expensive. While I'm sure Numbers is a good app, I'm only looking to really do one task which is why I'm looking for something cheap such as GoodReader (if it does edits).

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I do use DataViz docs to go. It's more than $10, but well worth it. All office docs can be created, edited and sync'd to the pc wirelessly.

I agree that onlive just isn't there yet. But it may be some day.

Target

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
Looked into OnLive, it's iPad only. I may have to go with the $10 options if that's the only thing out there, though I'd like to avoid it so still looking for confirmation on GoodReader.

For Documents To Go, does it have Dropbox support? I know Numbers doesn't, but I don't see it listed in the app support for Documents To Go.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Looked into OnLive, it's iPad only. I may have to go with the $10 options if that's the only thing out there, though I'd like to avoid it so still looking for confirmation on GoodReader.

For Documents To Go, does it have Dropbox support? I know Numbers doesn't, but I don't see it listed in the app support for Documents To Go.
Yes it does Dropbox and box.net. I use it daily without fail.

Target

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
You can use Office plus application in the iPhone application store. You can fully edit and password protect excel files and other Microsoft files as well. This will cost u $6.00 Bye buddy.