MS Office reaches the iPhone !

J

jashsayani

Hi all,

MS Office reaches the iPhone! Its coming out with new FW 2.0 in June !
Now iPhone can really be implemented in businesss. Finally, Apple got the point!

For more screenshotes of the new Office, visit my blog:
http://theifoneblog.blogspot.com/

Attachments

svtguy08

Aug 4, 2007
CA
Thats great! Hopefully the app won't be bloated like the full versions. :)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
bloated microsoft products?

say it ain't so...

snpri3

Bronze
Mar 26, 2008
yeah i read this a while back, and its really exciting being able to edit your PowerPoint project before class, or using the excel on the go. this will def. make Apple more richer

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, but without Drive support, it's still kinda crippled. You can't SSH everywhere... having to email documents just to transfer them will be a PITA.

Saint

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
NJ & NYC
Im sure they will fix all the bugs as time goes on and it will eventually pan out and be very nice. I like this !

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
Yes lets see if it comes out. If so will be nice to have it.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'm curious to know how they got the screen shots. I'm running the most recent firmware and there is no mention of this at all. I'm curious if they didn't just use the interface builder to throw together some initial screens.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
hmmm .. they are running it on really old, hacked firmware. Why would it be on iPhone 1.0.2 if it was designed for 2.0? I am thinking this is a fake.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I too doubt this. It looks rather unofficial, and seems unlikely.

- John

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
furthermore, what good would Word be without copy and paste?

hm?

that's right; none.

none good at all.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Some dude has been working on something like this which looks EXACTLY like the screenshots provided in the link on the first page. He is not affiliated with MS; he just wanted to make a 3rd party app that allowed you to at the very least run office related files on the iPhone.

I first heard about this project back in January on another forum. Therefore, I think this is bogus. Here is the link if you want to check it out yourselves: http://code.google.com/p/ioffice/

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
I'll wager anything that this is bogus. If Microsoft was working on this, I can assure you Apple would've given them a spot at the SDK keynote. This wouldn't be some secret operation. The old iPhone software is just a giveaway, though. Really, you can't develop on 1.0.2 ..

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i would really like that . this is what i miss about my treo ... the ability to edit word files off my phone..

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
yeah, but without Drive support, it's still kinda crippled. You can't SSH everywhere... having to email documents just to transfer them will be a PITA.
You could run a Lighttpd server on your iPhone and connect to it from any desktop computer on the same wifi network. Enter your iPhone's IP address in a url bar and browse your files for download. Theres also iShare as another method for a total of 3 ways to move your files, including email.

J

jashsayani

For those who think this will be great, well obviously Yes, MS Office is the basic requirement today. Pocket PC to Symbian, every phone has it. And now for those who believe that this is fake, we'll see !
MS Office had to come out sooner or later and it will in June. just wait and watch!

For updates, stay in touch with my blog.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
More power to you if it's a reality, but with things pointed out earlier in this thread, and the fact that neither MS or Apple have made any mention about it, I am having a hard time swallowing this.
Don't get me wrong, it makes sense, especially with Active Sync and Exchange coming and the push towards the businesss community, but again...
If it does become available in June with the 2.0 release, I see it as being a separate app suite through the App Store. Which means $$$